• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Inside Jokes only the Comics Section of the CGC Boards Would Get...
4 4

407 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Domo Arigato said:

BillSinksketch2.thumb.jpg.52d1a50f13cb3483ff06fc4d73a0249b.jpg

BillSinksketch4.thumb.jpg.8ef6b7a523b238883cef2d4cee36cef5.jpg

lol I remember reading about this online.

Then I was lurking here and joined once it was settled. 

For those wondering what this is about check it out here

11 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Which other active boardies are on this awesome pic?

Several are no longer active, but here's the ones I know off the top of my head (pretty sure I got them right).  I know who a few of the others are, but can't think of their board names right now.  I'm sure greggy could fill in the blanks.  I believe this was from the very first forum dinner.....so the time frame was probably in the early 2000's when this picture was taken.

Members.thumb.jpg.d906b5923769aae4c0d81b444f54d41a.jpg

Edited by Domo Arigato

On 8/23/2019 at 2:32 PM, Domo Arigato said:

So, many of the comic forumites gathered together in a secret meeting (that was held in the open forum for all to see....including the coinees).  The comic collectors all formed an unbreakable blood pact to each create a shill, attack the coinee stronghold to throw down this enemy, and smote their ruin upon the mountainside.  Many long time members participated, although I have never revealed names and never will (Povertyrow became SkewerOnAstick.......Joanna was in on it but I can't remember her shill name......Greggy and many others as well).

When the time for battle came, I think a few went into the coin forums and made a couple of disruptive posts, and then everyone sort of stood around looking at the ground and kicking rocks, and then everyone went home.  It was EPIC!!!

I thought I had responded here all that time ago. Joanna was "Helga", based on the freckled, pigtailed heroine of the propaganda comic book. I had a Don West "Gem Mint 10" sound clip I posted a few times there. It was indeed an epic time.

On 4/24/2021 at 4:24 PM, Domo Arigato said:

Several are no longer active, but here's the ones I know off the top of my head (pretty sure I got them right).  I know who a few of the others are, but can't think of their board names right now.  I'm sure greggy could fill in the blanks.  I believe this was from the very first forum dinner.....so the time frame was probably in the early 2000's when this picture was taken.

Members.thumb.jpg.d906b5923769aae4c0d81b444f54d41a.jpg

Man. So many epic eyebrows in this pic...