• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME (2021?)
7 7

1,711 posts in this topic

My guesses as to character appearances:

1. IIRC, Doc Oc 'sacrificed himself' into that energy generator. I say it warped him through time and space into Earth-616 2021.
  2. Again IIRC, Electro was just 'zapped away'. And, again, I say it warped him through time and space into Earth-616 2021.
  3. They beat the fish out of Spider-Man, since he's young and uninitiated with them, and they both have experience in beating has ace.
  4. Doctor Strange traverses the Multiverse to bring the Spider-Men together to defeat the villains (possibly all of the Sinister Six?).

I'm probably wrong, but at face value, it seems logical within the confines of the current MCU.

1 hour ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

1. IIRC, Doc Oc 'sacrificed himself' into that energy generator. I say it warped him through time and space into Earth-616 2021.
  2. Again IIRC, Electro was just 'zapped away'. And, again, I say it warped him through time and space into Earth-616 2021.
  3. They beat the fish out of Spider-Man, since he's young and uninitiated with them, and they both have experience in beating has ace.
  4. Doctor Strange traverses the Multiverse to bring the Spider-Men together to defeat the villains (possibly all of the Sinister Six?).

I'm probably wrong, but at face value, it seems logical within the confines of the current MCU.

hm

Not bad. Not bad at all.

1 hour ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Then one of the Spider-men will stand next to Peter Parker at a news conference to negate the after credits ending to Homecoming and Upsetting JJJ even more

11 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

:whatthe:

Shut the front door! There's no way they could pay this much fan service in one movie. If they add in Cox and D'Onofrio my brain may just explode. This would just be the cherry on the icing that is the current state of this "Marvel Mulitverse" movie. I could really jive with all the Netflix characters coming back in time if they're handled by Feige (yes even Iron Fist).

I can't wait for this but I don't see how the industry can sustain itself making movies that costs 200+ million anymore, knowing theaters can only bring in a fraction of the revenue. I imagine Sony splitting the Spider-verse into multiple series like Marvel's Disney+ that will launch another steaming platform with regular crossovers & leave big budget films for larger team ups. I just think they will ultimately need to split the audience between theater & home viewing like Warner Bros plans for JLA's Snyder cut & Wonder Woman 2. I see Disney reviving the Netflix Marvel series in some way at this point. Too bad I sold my DD1.doh!

In fact... another report emerges... Daredevil would be played by Charlie Cox but would not be "Netflix' Daredevil"

Like I said in the DD thread.  I am pretty sure that Netflix owns that iteration of Daredevil since they developed it. 

https://screenrant.com/spiderman-3-mcu-daredevil-not-netflix-defenders-reason/

In business terms, it would make more sense for Disney to reboot the character. This is because Daredevil - and all of the other Marvel Netflix shows - are actually Netflix Originals, paid for by Netflix and owned by them in perpetuity. Right now, Marvel is attempting to build a synergy between their films and the Disney+ streaming service, and it simply wouldn't make any sense for them to promote a character whose past adventures can only be seen on Disney+'s main competitor. There's also a notable thematic and tonal discontinuity between Marvel and Sony's (decidedly PG-13) Spider-Man movies and the Marvel Netflix Daredevil series, which is bloody and brutal. Marvel would be wiser to keep Charlie Cox, but reboot the franchise.

8 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

In fact... another report emerges... Daredevil would be played by Charlie Cox but would not be "Netflix' Daredevil"

Like I said in the DD thread.  I am pretty sure that Netflix owns that iteration of Daredevil since they developed it. 

https://screenrant.com/spiderman-3-mcu-daredevil-not-netflix-defenders-reason/

Marvel owns the characters, so they can use the same actors with different background stories. Netflix has already built a following for them, so why reboot the characters entirely.

Just now, chezmtghut said:

Marvel owns the characters, so they can use the same actors with different background stories. Netflix has already built a following for them, so why reboot the characters entirely.

Marvel does own the characters, but Netflix owns that iteration.  They developed that particular version of a Marvel character. 

Why would Disney want to pay out royalties for screenwriting credits to another studio? 

Now this all depends on ALL distribution of producing credit as per the terms of the contract. 

2 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Marvel does own the characters, but Netflix owns that iteration.  They developed that particular version of a Marvel character. 

Why would Disney want to pay out royalties for screenwriting credits to another studio? 

Now this all depends on ALL distribution of producing credit as per the terms of the contract. 

They shouldn't have to pay anyone to use Cox as Daredevil from another universe with a completely different history from the Netflix version.

Just now, chezmtghut said:

They shouldn't have to pay anyone to use Cox as Daredevil from another universe with a completely different history from the Netflix version.

Exactly.  They won't as long as it is a different history.  Apparently the terms of this contract (are probably) that  it is okay as long as it is a different iteration of the character even though it is played by the same actor.  

I said something like this months ago and as late as 11/29 because Netflix farmed out casting responsibilities and not Marvel so usually when that happens Netflix would be the producer of a Charlie Cox version of Daredevil.  However it appears that Netflix will only own the storylines that it develops.  Marvel can do what it wants for an origin story, or knowing Marvel they will do nothing at all.  Daredevil will just appear with the core essentials of a backstory... blind... heightened sense of awareness... let's go beat someone up.  

4 hours ago, www.alexgross.com said:

just as long as andrew garfield is not in this. please dont bring him back. he's the reason i stopped watching spidey movies after the tobey ones. i think it's exciting to have tobey come back and doc ock too! spiderman2 was a great movie and molina was awesome.

You mean the one actor of the three movie franchises who actually looks like Peter Parker from the comics?

I actually had a hard time accepting Tobey Maguire as Peter Parker as I thought he played him (under Raimi's direction) too dorky and too inept. It was too cartoony for me. The caricatureness of it made his relationship with Mary Jane seem not that believable to me, or at least doomed to failure. Outside of her obsession with Spider-Man, it seemed MJ was more attracted to poor Peter's idolization of her and I just didn't see how she could ever really respect him.

The relationship Peter had with Gwen in the Garfield/Webb Spider films was so much more believable and actually respected Gwen as a person. The scene in ASM1 when Peter asks Gwen out in the hallway still stands for me as one of the most realistic scenes of high school romance ever. The filmmakers of the MCU Spiderman know it's a great scene and tried to replicate it in Homecoming but came nowhere near as good.

Tom Holland is a much better fit in the MCU than either Maguire or Garfield, but I kind of prefer Garfield personally as I loved ASM1's indie film take on Peter Parker. I've read his appearance in Spiderman 3: Multiverse of Money is up in the air, but I'd like to see it. It's going to be so weird.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

7 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I was actually thinking of other films etc. that deal with the idea of interdimensional travel and thought of David Lynch's Twin Peaks. Particularly the new Return series. There, beings cross over from our world to the other world, or the Black Lodge, through electricity. I wonder if the MCU may borrow this idea and have Electro cross over to our universe via electricity? Something needs to jumpstart Spidey and Doc Strange's journey into the Spiderverse and that seems like a plausible speculation.

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

Exactly.  They won't as long as it is a different history.  Apparently the terms of this contract (are probably) that  it is okay as long as it is a different iteration of the character even though it is played by the same actor.  

I said something like this months ago and as late as 11/29 because Netflix farmed out casting responsibilities and not Marvel so usually when that happens Netflix would be the producer of a Charlie Cox version of Daredevil.  However it appears that Netflix will only own the storylines that it develops.  Marvel can do what it wants for an origin story, or knowing Marvel they will do nothing at all.  Daredevil will just appear with the core essentials of a backstory... blind... heightened sense of awareness... let's go beat someone up.  

People already have a sense of who the character is from the Netflix series, but I would expect there to be some character development that is built on in an upcoming Disney+ streaming variation of Daredevil.

58 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

You mean the one actor of the three movie franchises who actually looks like Peter Parker from the comics?

I actually had a hard time accepting Tobey Maguire as Peter Parker as I thought he played him (under Raimi's direction) too dorky and too inept. It was too cartoony for me. The caricatureness of it made his relationship with Mary Jane seem not that believable to me, or at least doomed to failure. Outside of her obsession with Spider-Man, it seemed MJ was more attracted to poor Peter's idolization of her and I just didn't see how she could ever really respect him.

The relationship Peter had with Gwen in the Garfield/Webb Spider films was so much more believable and actually respected Gwen as a person. The scene in ASM1 when Peter asks Gwen out in the hallway still stands for me as one of the most realistic scenes of high school romance ever. The filmmakers of the MCU Spiderman know it's a great scene and tried to replicate it in Homecoming but came nowhere near as good.

Tom Holland is a much better fit in the MCU than either Maguire or Garfield, but I kind of prefer Garfield personally as I loved ASM1's indie film take on Peter Parker. I've read his appearance in Spiderman 3: Multiverse of Money is up in the air, but I'd like to see it. It's going to be so weird.

well, i agree with you that tom holland is better than either of the other two, at least in the mcu. i care more about an actor's ability than his appearance. i find andrew garfield wooden and unlikeable. i admit i could not watch both of his spidey films in their entirety. i have watched other films of his, and i just can't stand him. nor do i buy him as tough or strong in any way. maybe it's my hangup, but fans also didnt seem to love him as peter parker, based on box office. i thought tobey was great in the early films. his likeability overrode any shortcomings he might have had.