• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME (2021?)
7 7

1,711 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Almost every MCU movie ever has "led into" the next one. lol

I guess, if you're a shareholder and don't know jack-s^&*, you do need to be told that 2 Multiversal movies are directly related to one another...

Referencing past details of the new Sony Disney Spider-Man deal, I guess they agreed that Spider-Man will appear in at least one more MCU film after Far From Home and I guess Spider-Man 3 is it. So this could be Spider-Man's final MCU film unless Sony and Disney come to another deal. So I guess more than likely Peter Parker won't show up in DS2.

23 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Referencing past details of the new Sony Disney Spider-Man deal, I guess they agreed that Spider-Man will appear in at least one more MCU film after Far From Home and I guess Spider-Man 3 is it. So this could be Spider-Man's final MCU film unless Sony and Disney come to another deal. So I guess more than likely Peter Parker won't show up in DS2.

The were/are rampant rumors that a deal will be reached for him to feature in 6 more MCU and/or Sony films.

11 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

The were/are rampant rumors that a deal will be reached for him to feature in 6 more MCU and/or Sony films.

Deal or no deal, I'm sure either way that Kevin Feige is making plans that don't tie-up the MCU to Spider-Man like they did with Infinity War. The MCU needs to be able to function independently of Marvel Comics' flagship character in case Sony flakes out again. And with all the young characters confirmed for the MCU like Kate Bishop, Kamala Khan, and now Riri Williams, I'm not sure the MCU needs Spider-Man.

17 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Deal or no deal, I'm sure either way that Kevin Feige is making plans that don't tie-up the MCU to Spider-Man like they did with Infinity War. The MCU needs to be able to function independently of Marvel Comics' flagship character in case Sony flakes out again. And with all the young characters confirmed for the MCU like Kate Bishop, Kamala Khan, and now Riri Williams, I'm not sure the MCU needs Spider-Man.

wot

16 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Although the MCU doesn't need to be so fixated on one character like it was for quite a while with Iron Man (Tony creating technology that was attributed to other characters in the source material even), it would be a mistake to dismiss one of the most recognized characters worldwide.

Feige worked extremely hard to bring one of his favorite characters into this world. Why would he then treat him as a bit character going forward?

2 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Although the MCU doesn't need to be so fixated on one character like it was for quite a while with Iron Man (Tony creating technology that was attributed to other characters in the source material even), it would be a mistake to dismiss one of the most recognized characters worldwide.

Feige worked extremely hard to bring one of his favorite characters into this world. Why would he then treat him as a bit character going forward?

Yeah, Marvel Studios worked hard to bring Spider-Man into the MCU for Phase Three with Far From Home being its conclusion. It sounds like SPider-Man 3  will be a merging of the Sony and Disney worlds. But is that going to have any ramifications for the rest of the MCU? I doubt it.

Sony owns Spider-Man. Disney can't make money off him at the movies. I'm sure Feige would love to do the world with the character, but it's just not a sound business move if Sony continues to play the cat and mouse game with the character. As we've seen, the MCU is about to get stuffed with characters that exist and operate far removed from the confines of New York City. In a way, Spider-Man holds the Marvel Cinematic Universe down. Until Disney one day owns Spider-Man and his supporting characters outright, I think going forward, Feige will limit Spidey's presence in the MCU to storylines that won't get screwed up if Sony pulls the plug again.

41 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Yeah, Marvel Studios worked hard to bring Spider-Man into the MCU for Phase Three with Far From Home being its conclusion. It sounds like SPider-Man 3  will be a merging of the Sony and Disney worlds. But is that going to have any ramifications for the rest of the MCU? I doubt it.

Sony owns Spider-Man. Disney can't make money off him at the movies. I'm sure Feige would love to do the world with the character, but it's just not a sound business move if Sony continues to play the cat and mouse game with the character. As we've seen, the MCU is about to get stuffed with characters that exist and operate far removed from the confines of New York City. In a way, Spider-Man holds the Marvel Cinematic Universe down. Until Disney one day owns Spider-Man and his supporting characters outright, I think going forward, Feige will limit Spidey's presence in the MCU to storylines that won't get screwed up if Sony pulls the plug again.

You need to take off those MCU shades that are so dark you can't even see reason when it stares you in the face.

Even in 2014 Spider-Man branded merchandise was bringing in over $1.2 Billion USD in sales. Do you actually think Disney would not want that to continue to grow since it owns 100% rights to such merchandising?

Spidy_Brand.jpg.aab174ffb5f0cf2905701d06993e4f9f.jpg

Edited by Bosco685

1 minute ago, @therealsilvermane said:

For posterity. Kate Bishop is the new Hawkeye. Kamala Khan is Ms. Marvel. Riri Williams is Ironheart.

Yup, I just looked every one of them up. Well, maybe my daughters will be interested in them.

7 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

You need to take off those MCU shades that are so dark you can't even see reason when it stares you in the face.

Even in 2014 Spider-Man branded merchandise was bringing in over $1.2 Billion USD in sales. Do you actually think Disney would not want that to continue to grow since it owns 100% rights to those rights?

Spidy_Brand.jpg.aab174ffb5f0cf2905701d06993e4f9f.jpg

This is from 2013, long before Black Panther, Baby Groot, Infinity War etc. That growth potential noted in the above graph should be realized about now with even more growth potential. Spider-Man sells regardless of the movies.

Spider-Man Merchandise Sales Spiked Following Marvel Cinematic Universe Announcement

Now that Spider-Man is part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, he won’t just have the power of the Avengers on his side: He’ll have Disney’s entire merchandising might as well. 

Since last month’s announcement that Sony and Marvel Studios would collaborate on all future Spider-Man films, the Wall-Crawler’s marketability has already skyrocketed. According to a recent report from the NBD Group, sales for Spider-Man products have spiked following the studios’ announcement, further adding to Spider-Man’s massive net-worth. Last year alone, the character accumulated $1 billion in global retail sales.

But don’t expect the Spider-Buggy to stop there. Now that Spidey is slated to appear in next year’s Captain America: Civil War, Disney’s merchandising branch is already spinning a robust retail plan with new licensees and target markets. Anyone care for a Spider-Man themed vegetable peeler?

“It’s ignited the marketplace with what’s to come with Spider-Man in the future,” Gitter said of the new deal with Sony. “The retail community is rallying behind Spider-Man in a pretty significant way.”

But hey, no worriers. Disney going to focus on other characters because Sony owns the film rights. Someone told me this on a comic book forum so it must be true.

1 minute ago, @therealsilvermane said:

This is from 2013, long before Black Panther, Baby Groot, Infinity War etc. That growth potential noted in the above graph should be realized about now with even more growth potential. Spider-Man sells regardless of the movies.

Uh-huh. You just didn't research a topic before blowing that trumpet out your four points of contact. Check the 2017 article above, MCU Expert. :insane:

2 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

He really is such a fanatic it gets weird sometimes how someone can be one-sided biased.

Well you have people that feel like they need to choose a side, Apple or Android, Xbox or PS, etc. Personally, I love options. I have The Dark Knight sitting right there next to Winter Soldier. The best of the best from both franchises.

8 minutes ago, Grails said:

Yup, I just looked every one of them up. Well, maybe my daughters will be interested in them.

From the Ms. Marvel sizzle footage released, it looks to me like Marvel Studios is setting up Kamala Khan to be a Peter Parker-type, a teenager who looks up to an established adult super-hero, but instead of Iron Man, she'll idolize Captain Marvel. And much like Homecoming, it looks like the Ms. Marvel show will appeal to younger MCU fans.

3 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

From the Ms. Marvel sizzle footage released, it looks to me like Marvel Studios is setting up Kamala Khan to be a Peter Parker-type, a teenager who looks up to an established adult super-hero, but instead of Iron Man, she'll idolize Captain Marvel. And much like Homecoming, it looks like the Ms. Marvel show will appeal to younger MCU fans.

Big oof.

List of highest-grossing media franchises

Spider-Man merchandise sales – $15.88 billion

• $1.285 billion in 2012
  • $1.333 billion in 2013
  • $1.453 billion in 2014
  • $1.512 billion in 2015
  • $1.551 billion in 2016
  • $1.402 billion in 2017
  • $1.075 billion in 2018

Oh yeah. Disney/MCU is really going to show those Sony folks a thing or two. Why, they are talking about shutting down the entire Spider-Man merchandising line to spite them. :roflmao: