• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s SHE-HULK show (TBD)
5 5

1,228 posts in this topic

On 9/8/2022 at 11:25 PM, The Meta said:

Hopefully you'll forgive my ignorance 

Twerking is a woman slapping her cheeks.

Freedom of expression? Sure

Males are staring at it with erections, absolutely 

Actually twerking is not a woman slapping her cheeks. (?????) It is a person, usually a woman but sometimes a man, basically thrusting out their butt and shaking it. No slapping is required.

On 9/9/2022 at 10:38 AM, PovertyRow said:

Actually twerking is not a woman slapping her cheeks. (?????) It is a person, usually a woman but sometimes a man, basically thrusting out their butt and shaking it. No slapping is required.

My post was auto edited because we are on a forum that feels editing is required

I read your explanation to include that butt cheeks are slapping together. Clapping

Whatever 

You know

On 9/8/2022 at 6:35 PM, jcjames said:

I recently read an article (can't find it now) lamenting the striking increase in the amount of graduate research publications in social sciences that are basically just the author writing about how they feel about a topic and their own personal subjective experiences... and that is being passed off as "research" and actually being published as scholarly research. 

That "research" in social sciences is rapidly devolving to become self-centered "reflections" rather than objective inquiry. 

Gotta love this generation! xD

Speaking THEIR truth, bruh!

On 9/9/2022 at 11:38 AM, PovertyRow said:

"Clapping" together "one's" cheeks under their own gravity lol

Edited by Mystafo

On 9/9/2022 at 9:41 AM, The Meta said:

My post was auto edited because we are on a forum that feels editing is required

I read your explanation to include that butt cheeks are slapping together. Clapping

Whatever 

You know

OK, that makes sense! (Auto-editing is a form of censorship in its mildest yet sneakiest form!) (thumbsu

On 9/8/2022 at 5:35 PM, jcjames said:

I recently read an article (can't find it now) lamenting the striking increase in the amount of graduate research publications in social sciences that are basically just the author writing about how they feel about a topic and their own personal subjective experiences... and that is being passed off as "research" and actually being published as scholarly research. 

That "research" in social sciences is rapidly devolving to become self-centered "reflections" rather than objective inquiry. 

Gotta love this generation! xD

That is not a problem in my eyes as having B.Sc. in a real science I have never considered social sciences to be real research.........

I have a lot of fun bugging economists I know that they are not real scientists since they can assume away anything to fit their model.

On 9/9/2022 at 12:37 PM, PovertyRow said:

Good point. Yet we don't see the same furor around them as we so around She-Hulk. 

We don't see the same furor perhaps, but that simplification of characters in sitcoms closely parallels the decline in sitcom popularity. Viewers have been voting with their remotes for years.  I can not remember the last time a half hour show became a centerpiece of popular culture.  Go back 20 years and there were multiple shows that fit that description. The Simpson is a good example.  Yes, Homer gets stupider year to year, and what little subtly that character had has been completely removed. Year after year the the show has gotten less popular and less relevant.  If the current writer were just as sharp, just as talented, would the show how fallen to the same degree? The sitcom at one point was the pinnacle of episodic entertainment. Why have shows like Seinfeld, Friends, etc. maintained such popularity and in fact still are found by new and younger viewers, because they were so well written.

Edited by drotto

Well I am on an overcrowded Muni bus on my way downtown. I’m pretty talked out at least until ep 5. But I do want to extend my thanks to everyone wether they agreed or disagreed with me and for keeping things civil on a touchy subject.

Spoiler

I like that this show is a more "lower decks" type of format that is more about day-to-day stuff rather than fighting the next big threat to the existence of the universe. I found it pretty hilarious that Titania's revenge against She-Hulk was a lawsuit, not some overwrought plan to destroy her in the traditional comic-book method by devising a complicated plan of villainy.

The morning of her one-night stand rubbed me a bit the wrong way at first: a guy who wakes up after a night of being with an attractive green girl to find that she is also an attractive white girl feels that she's coyote ugly seemed heavy-handed. I wouldn't have expected a pediatric oncologist to be so shallow, but I'm probably overthinking it at this point. I guess if the idea is that he was with a huge body-building type girl (as he's obviously the same), a normal girl might not be his thing. Oh well, minor plot detail.

Still enjoyable for me, I'm not trying to look at any gaping plotholes unless they are impossible to ignore and just go with the dry humor. I think it's a great show that spends time fleshing out the character a bit without having a huge dramatic storyarc.

On 9/8/2022 at 5:35 PM, jcjames said:

Holy cow - you can get a degree as an "Internet message board poster"?