• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s SHE-HULK show (TBD)
5 5

1,228 posts in this topic

On 10/6/2022 at 5:43 PM, jsilverjanet said:

you keep implying that

a) I care

b) I care what you think

Please go back to how are discussion started. You questioned my comment. I never questioned any of your posts before today or even any of your comments from today. I don't care what any of you think of the show. I really don't.

Oh I think you care. A great deal. If that makes you feel uncomfortable, that is on you (as you said).

If you enjoy the show, keep enjoying it. Meanwhile, others don't. That doesn't mean they have to call you out on it like was done recently. That I didn't get. But if you think you want to go back and forth with me on this like you need to set me straight, that's missing the point.

On 10/6/2022 at 2:45 PM, Bosco685 said:

Wow! You really tried there. I think I was fairly clear without pretending any misinterpretation of words or lack of ability to converse.

But you go! :roflmao:

Of course you think you were clear..and you are dripping with defensiveness..anyway, I am not sure why you singled me out in the first place. I just made a general statement, did not focus on anyone in particular, But I guess maybe you felt like you needed a 'win'.

Edited by Ed Hanes

On 10/6/2022 at 5:44 PM, Sauce Dog said:

"Sexually excessive" 

lol what does the even mean, there was like three dudes she actually hooked up with and the rest were one off dates, and this show is rather tame when it comes too dating IRL. It's not like she is banging dudes and telling her boss about it and posting online. 

:insane:

Are you being serious? I've been watching the same show, and the way these writers are portraying this character is on the verge of a desperate woman wanting attention from anyone.

On 10/6/2022 at 5:06 PM, jsilverjanet said:

(shrug)

there's no point to further discuss this, you see the world one way and I see it another

same here

but I do want to discuss the bold

how did you interpret that

a) I'm not relaxed

b) I see it more than a tv show (see previous comments on how I am one of the few that sees this as a sitcom and nothing more nothing less)

c) i think it's a little bit more than her behavior leads to embarrassment. i think it's a violation of privacy, a violation of her and it's a double standard - i believe the key word that made her lose it was "slut"

but this show like many other shows is open to interpretation. I'm just trying to explain what you questioned in the beginning when I said this to the statement quicksilver said

What Jen is doing is normal for women in todays society

that is true, that's a change that I've seen. Women look at sex the same as men. that's just how it is in todays society. they enjoy the sex. which i am not sure why anyone here would have a problem with, in fact I think we should encourage it

No they don't, Men can have sex with not feeling anything for the person, Women can't, they need an emotion connection.  At least the normal women anyway. Do you have a daughter?  A sister?  Both?  Would you encourage her to sleep around? Men don't want a (garden tool) to be the mother of his children.  

my company has primarily women in the department/area that I work in. Since we all work remote, I rarely interact with them beyond my reporting team and even then, it's somewhat distant.

I would have no clue what they do in their personal time, as they have no clue what I do on mine.

let alone my sexual or their sexual habits.

Maybe I'll post in my microsoft teams chat, if anyone has a sexual excessive lifestyle, just so I can get some numbers for this convo

On 10/6/2022 at 5:49 PM, Ed Hanes said:

Sure you do..and you are dripping with defensiveness..anyway, I am not sure why you singled me out in the first place. I just made a general statement, did not focus on anyone in particular, But I guess maybe you felt like you needed a 'win'.

I singled you out? You posted a comment. I jokingly asked if those lawyers you noted matched the character design we are seeing in this show. You then proceeded to convey I don't know how to outline a sufficient response.

Who's trying to pretend one side is ignorant and the other side is highly advanced? I think that was you attempting to go for some 'win' there good sir. :baiting:

On 10/6/2022 at 4:50 PM, Bosco685 said:

desperate woman wanting attention from anyone.

she did turn down quite a few men when she was on that dating spree or did i misremember that

On 10/6/2022 at 5:51 PM, jsilverjanet said:

my company has primarily women in the department/area that I work in. Since we all work remote, I rarely interact with them beyond my reporting team and even then, it's somewhat distant.

I would have no clue what they do in their personal time, as they have no clue what I do on mine.

Maybe I'll post in my microsoft teams chat, if anyone has a sexual excessive lifestyle, just so I can get some numbers for this convo

I keep a spreadsheet. PM sent.

On 10/6/2022 at 5:51 PM, jsilverjanet said:

:roflmao:

You should. Just like that. Do it. Do it! If you don't, then even Leap-Frog will have more cred.

:popcorn:

On 10/6/2022 at 4:51 PM, Kevin76 said:

No they don't, Men can have sex with not feeling anything for the person, Women can't, they need an emotion connection.  At least the normal women anyway. Do you have a daughter?  A sister?  Both?  Would you encourage her to sleep around? Men don't want a (garden tool) to be the mother of his children.  

I don't have a daughter but do have a sister who's 60. I think she could use getting laid if I'm being honest. I wouldn't encourage it but if she was, who am I to judge or question. Same I wouldn't want to be questioned.

But like I said earlier, you see the world one way, I see it differently and both are ok.

But the fact remains that women today see sex differently. they just do. I've seen it firsthand. they no longer need an emotional connnection

On 10/6/2022 at 5:53 PM, jsilverjanet said:

she did turn down quite a few men when she was on that dating spree or did i misremember that

You'll have to got back through with your checklist and give us the final 'winners' versus 'losers' count on sleeping with Jen.

:baiting:

On 10/6/2022 at 4:56 PM, Bosco685 said:

You'll have to got back through with your checklist and give us the final 'winners' versus 'losers' count on sleeping with Jen.

:baiting:

she got a real winner last night it seems

On 10/6/2022 at 2:53 PM, Bosco685 said:

I singled you out? You posted a comment. I jokingly asked if those lawyers you noted matched the character design we are seeing in this show. You then proceeded to convey I don't know how to outline a sufficient response.

Who's trying to pretend one side is ignorant and the other side is highly advanced? I think that was you attempting to go for some 'win' there good sir. :baiting:

oh wow..you can't even recall our conversation correctly...I am done ..you're insane

On 10/6/2022 at 5:57 PM, Ed Hanes said:

oh wow..you can't even recall our conversation correctly...I am done ..you're insane

Yes. I'm insane and you are still the guy that tried to convey anyone in here conveyed lawyers are not allowed to have a social life or have fun.

Good chat!

On 10/6/2022 at 4:51 PM, Kevin76 said:

is this how you see it also @Bosco685

On 10/6/2022 at 5:50 PM, Bosco685 said:

:insane:

Are you being serious? I've been watching the same show, and the way these writers are portraying this character is on the verge of a desperate woman wanting attention from anyone.

Yes, if you honestly think a person sleeping with three men is excessive (one of which she was going on multiple dates on before they even did anything) and that doing so makes a person desperate it sounds like you're a little uptight and out of touch. Seems you are bringing too much of your own ideas about women, sex, and respect (the lack there of) into this more than you care to admit. 

She ain't running around to lock down a baby-daddy by sleeping with everyone, she is acting like a totally normal single person who is also trying to find someone nice (but knows also what they want so can hookup while on the search for a long term partner, as she tried with Josh)