• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in your Collection - Moderns ONLY
20 20

1,972 posts in this topic

On 6/20/2022 at 12:18 PM, LudaToke said:

I like the Walt picture and autograph.  I was in the Secret Stash shop in the summer of 2019 in the beforefore COVID times and had a chance to talk hockey and comics with him. Great guy.

ah cool! It's covered up by boxes, but it starts with Walt at the top then goes down in order, ending with Ming.

I somehow ended up with all 4 comic book men photo auto's. I have extra of Ming, I believe I've give one away at least. They're like stocking stuffers, as I lucked into them (thumbsu

I think it is awesome, as publicized as they are, that they just operate a business like any day of the week. Sure certain days were probably for cameras and or etc.

but the idea is amazing, nice marketing for our hobby.

Glad it was Hockey! I saw the episode where Walt gets Kevin a figure or statue of the Gretzky, and Kevin is like, "how much did you pay?" and Walt answers, "don't ask!" haha

On 6/20/2022 at 10:27 PM, D2 said:

I kind of swung for the fences for this one, but I had been patiently waiting for this book to hit the market for some time and was up against some interested competitors. 
I am really happy to have this with my collection. :cloud9:

763316AF-226E-4044-9C3E-16EEAFD91A15.jpeg

I think your book was just featured on a Comic Tom 101 video...

Cool grab!

Edited by Jesse-Lee

On 6/21/2022 at 1:14 AM, Jesse-Lee said:

I think your book was just featured on a Comic Tom 101 video...

Cool grab!

Lol. Oh man. Not good. :facepalm:

So, there were 55 watchers on the book, and they are right, I had been on the watch for a 9.8 for awhile. I bought a few raws, but nothing was a 9.8. Struggled to get one for years. This book was one of my all time favourites as a kid. The sketch cover was too awesome. Was never a fan of the gold variant 
No, I definitely didn’t want to go that high, but I’m glad I won it

Edited by D2

On 6/21/2022 at 1:01 AM, D2 said:

Lol. Oh man. Not good. :facepalm:

So, there were 55 watchers on the book, and they are right, I had been on the watch for a 9.8 for awhile. I bought a few raws, but nothing was a 9.8. Struggled to get one for years. This book was one of my all time favourites as a kid. The sketch cover was too awesome. Was never a fan of the gold variant 
No, I definitely didn’t want to go that high, but I’m glad I won it

Ha, I think @Gem_Mint was ultimately right - why not go for the high grade home run? It's a sweet book, and now you secured it in a 9.8. Congrats!

Found these today for $11 total.

The Marc Spector moon knight had a following for a while.

The Deadpool's may be second best.

The other is just speculation but the Spider-Men 2 variant sells for some coin evidently.

The xforce is a first app as well

IMG_20220625_115025051.jpg

IMG_20220625_115003616.jpg

IMG_20220625_114928706.jpg