• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizardworld Boston. are you attending? guest info?

67 posts in this topic

I will be attending this show from out of town but am not sure where I can stay. I think the con hotel is sold out. Can someone suggest a hotel that I can stay at that is accesable by public transportation? Don't need anything fancy from the hotel; just a place to sleep and shower. Please send me info by PM.

Quick question about WW Boston:

Everyone I tell that I plan on going to the show on Saturday looks at me like I'm nuts. People say that it's going to be the busiest time of the show. The only 3-day cons I've ever been to were the Hobbystar shows in Boston a few years ago, and in those cases I went Friday night after work. WW, I understand, is a daytime show on Friday.

So, you con veterans out there: Is Saturday likely to be so crowded I have to wait hours to get in, with lines 3-deep at all the boxes? Is there a time of day that would be best? Or should I plan on coming Sunday instead, at the risk of slim pickings?

Thoughts appreciated. Thanks!

I wouldn't worry about it with this show. Saturday should be fine. It'll definitely be the busiest day, but I can't imagine that this show is going to be a real zoo in its first year. I mean, I HOPE it will be, but I'm not counting on it.

I'm in the same boat.

Also, I would be interested in "sublet"ing some space from someone for the whole show, or working at someone's table Saturday (no "sublet"ing involved :-) to work off my badge.

Anybody got a spare dealer pass for Saturday?

I'm willing to pay for it if necessary. I just don't want to have to wait in line. I'm lazy that way.

Thanks!

Dealers are not allowed to break down early in my experience at the last two Philly shows and the Boston rules state the same. It should be an interesting four days. The Yankees are in town at the same time and there is already a strange vibe and a sense of intrigue in the air for this show. Welcome to Boston for all of those vistiting. As for the rest, why haven't I seen you at a Boston Comic Book Spectacular?

Dealers are not allowed to break down early in my experience at the last two Philly shows and the Boston rules state the same. It should be an interesting four days. The Yankees are in town at the same time and there is already a strange vibe and a sense of intrigue in the air for this show. Welcome to Boston for all of those vistiting. As for the rest, why haven't I seen you at a Boston Comic Book Spectacular?

The last convention that I went to in Boston was probably, 1987 or so. I just hate driving into Boston.I usually only go to the Bank of America Pavilion or if I need to go to Logan airport. I used to go to Providence, RI shows when they had them. But unfortunately those days are gone. Don't get me wrong I love Boston, I just hate all the routes that seem to change every 5 minutes and all of the whacked out drivers!!

As for the rest, why haven't I seen you at a Boston Comic Book Spectacular?

I just moved to Boston in May, but I did go to the last Boston Comic Book Spectacular. I just didn't know anyone there, and I still haven't figured out how to identify people from this forum :P I did get to talk to rob_react quickly...

Ever since, I've gotten to meet drummy, comicartfan and nikos61, so at least I know a couple more people this time around...

For all you forumites, is there a secret hand shake that allows you to identify board members? :P Or is it something that just comes with time?