• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shilling

213 posts in this topic

35 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

It's early yet. Only a matter of time before the CGC forum opens up the books and "makes" Kav!

I can always go the horsehead route.

My name is Kav... -lioni. Kavllioni. I'm also known as, uh, Benny the Groin, Sammy the Schnozz, Elmer the Fudd, Tubby the Tuba, and once as Miss Phyllis Levine. Went to a party, pop-a the 'lude and smoka the Tibet, and next thing I know I'm in fishnets singing show tunes, but that is not the point. The point is, I am known to those who know me the best as the ******' doctor. That's it, bada-bing, bada-boom, very good.

Edited by kav

My wife and a couple coworkers for some reason do not consider it unethical (getting really close to the line) if it’s the buyer but it would be if the seller does something similar.  Sellers are held to a different standard and it’s more scammy if you are trying to pull one over n a buyer.  I think it’s because they are not really sellers of anything that gets offers or is put up for auction.  As usual it comes down to which side of the table you are on.

42 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

My wife and a couple coworkers for some reason do not consider it unethical (getting really close to the line) if it’s the buyer but it would be if the seller does something similar.  Sellers are held to a different standard and it’s more scammy if you are trying to pull one over n a buyer.  I think it’s because they are not really sellers of anything that gets offers or is put up for auction.  As usual it comes down to which side of the table you are on.

My girlfriend said the same thing.

And she laughed when I told her I had been arguing all day on the chatboard about it

I said "Why are you laughing"

She said

"Because its business, people are going to want the best deal for themselves,people dont want to take a loss"

Needless to say, the rest of our evening went quite well.:whistle:

Edited by Hollywood1892

sometimes a boatd member will posts a link or a screen shot to a ridiculously priced comic on eBay.. and a whole bunch of us will then start watching it !!

it's funny to think what the seller might be thinking when all of a sudden a whole bunch of people are watching his overpriced drek lol 

54 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

sometimes a boatd member will posts a link or a screen shot to a ridiculously priced comic on eBay.. and a whole bunch of us will then start watching it !!

it's funny to think what the seller might be thinking when all of a sudden a whole bunch of people are watching his overpriced drek lol 

Yea but imagine the uproar if the person selling the book was caught sending a friend on to the boards to link his inflated books to hopefully get us to watch it and maybe get a rube to bite.  I'm not naive and know it gets done all the time and some call it wise business sense but to me it crosses the line and I'd ban a buyer who I found out was trying to do that to me.

Edited by 1Cool

1 hour ago, Hollywood1892 said:

My girlfriend said the same thing.

And she laughed when I told her I had been arguing all day on the chatboard about it

I said "Why are you laughing"

She said

"Because its business, people are going to want the best deal for themselves,people dont want to take a loss"

Needless to say, the rest of our evening went quite well.:whistle:

5938BA4E-D37C-4616-B8D8-618AF1DA7281.jpeg.92e1fecbff41d13a1ea778821526664e.jpeg