• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

7th Annual Green Eggs Grading Contest - Round 3
7 7

303 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, 707comics said:

I had a hard time telling where it stopped and started (vertically). I assumed the worst and assumed it was torn most of (if not all) the way.

mail.gif

Remember when I said I believe they grade magazines differently from comics, due to their size.  More real estate means more allowance for flaws, proportionately.  That's been my thinking, anyway.

This is quite a large comic, so I believe they've used this way of thinking and grading as well. (thumbsu 

15 minutes ago, thirdgreenham said:

Remember when I said I believe they grade magazines differently from comics, due to their size.  More real estate means more allowance for flaws, proportionately.  That's been my thinking, anyway.

This is quite a large comic, so I believe they've used this way of thinking and grading as well. (thumbsu 

I'm seeing this as a learning experience. I graded the Batman a 9.4, not because I thought it was a 9.4, I probably would have said 8.5, but because I was so far off the last time with a modern 9.0 instead of 9.6, lol. This was actually good, because had I given it my real grade, I would have lost more points;) 

As for the Super, not only did I see spine splits, I THOUGHT I saw rusty staples, so I said 6.5, when in fact with those splits, I probably would have said 5.5.

Moral of the story is, guess higher I suppose;). 

Grading raw books is hard enough, lol...the leaders here are genius;) 

Edited by skypinkblu

2 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

I'm seeing this as a learning experience. I graded the Batman a 9.4, not because I thought it was a 9.4, I probably would have said 8.5, but because I was so far off the last time with a modern 9.0 instead of 9.6, lol. This was actually good, because had I given it my real grade, I would have lost more points;) 

As for the Super, not only did I see spine splits, I THOUGHT I saw rusty staples, so I said 6.5, when in fact with those splits, I probably would have said 5.5.

Moral of the story is, guess higher I suppose;). 

Grading raw books is hard enough, lol...the leaders here are genius;) 

I suggest a new strategy Artoo-grade the books then add one full grade point.

Just now, THE_BEYONDER said:

So what am I looking at?

Your avatar seems to suggest you are looking at a wall.