• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

7th Annual Green Eggs Grading Contest - Round 3
7 7

303 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

So frustrating when you have both grades, and then you second guess and say.."well, the books have tended to be a bit under, so go a bit under."

7.5 and 9.0, respectively.

GRRRR.

:mad:

What is it "they" say?  Go with your first instinct? ...or was it "don't go with your first instinct?" hm 

3 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

So frustrating when you have both grades, and then you second guess and say.."well, the books have tended to be a bit under, so go a bit under."

7.5 and 9.0, respectively.

GRRRR.

:mad:

I had them both also and I second guessed and changed to much worse. Oh well! :facepalm:

1 minute ago, vheflin said:

yes bent corner and there's a good size crunch above it on the bc, no way that's a 9.2

The book is a CLASSIC 9.2, EXCEPT for the very heavy spine crease on the back cover, right above the bottom staple. That puts it squarely into 8.5/9.0 territory.

But whoever went with 9.2 and didn't see that big crease called it correctly. Really, without that giant spine crease, it's the perfect "9.2" textbook look.

2 minutes ago, comicquant said:

Geez I had 8.0 on the Super Comics and 7.5 on the BA.  My 7.5's never get 9.2's when I submit them???

thats exactly what i put and happened to me, i originally went 9.0 on the BA#12 and second guessed myself, so only 4 points sigh