• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

7th Annual Green Eggs Grading Contest - Round 3
7 7

303 posts in this topic

Just now, shiverbones said:
19 minutes ago, speedcake said:

I went 7.0 and 8.5

I'm ok with being two grades off on Super Comics because I wasn't sure how the crease/color rub along the front cover spine would be handled.  

But no way in heck is the Batman Adventures a 9.2 lol.  no, sorry. nope.

My guesses as well

Yeah, me three.

Deducted too much for the tears at spine top (w chip) and bottom on the Golden Age.  :doh!:

1 minute ago, Black_Adam said:
2 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

I'm glad sckao has a commitment and can't show the overall results.  I don't want to know how far I've fallen.

Same. I think my overall score actually went down.

Same.

I had 8.0 for both.  At first I was going to give the Super a 6, but eventually I realized that was not a spine split at the bottom.  Dodged a bullet there!

Batman Adventure ... what-the-what?!? Somebody must've bribed the grader. I was debating between 8.0 and 8.5. Nothing higher! 

18 minutes ago, Black_Adam said:

8.0 on the Super?

Thought for sure there was a spine split lower left  :facepalm:

And a 9.2 for Bats? No way that's better than an 8.5 if I sent that comic in! rantrant

I had 8.0 on the Super and then I looked really closely and saw the spine split with tear that looks like 1/2 inch and deducted big time for that.  No way the Bats a 9.2 with all those flaws: corner crunch alone should have brought it down to 9.2 and then all the all spine ticks and multiple bends on the back cover should have knocked it down way more.

9 minutes ago, adampasz said:

I had 8.0 for both.  At first I was going to give the Super a 6, but eventually I realized that was not a spine split at the bottom.  Dodged a bullet there!

Batman Adventure ... what-the-what?!? Somebody must've bribed the grader. I was debating between 8.0 and 8.5. Nothing higher! 

You dodged the bullet and it hit me.  Ha, Ha.