• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why I will no longer deal with Comiclink

143 posts in this topic

Believe me I'm none too happy about trashing anyone without accurate facts.

If you ain't got the facts you ain't got the case...perhaps Josh should say how you are a stupid customer who can't operate a functional system properly.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

In the end he's not really injured but I'm really embarassed.

Josh was injured...you fully intended to trounce publicly his reputaion before having firm ground from which to do so...:some things just can't be unsaid... makepoint.gif

It does not make me happy when someone is unsatisfied with our system. However, I think your decision to no longer allow yourself the opportunity to select from the thousands of vintage items from our site in the future may be a bit hasty. The function that you would have liked to see is not built into the system and we, at ComicLink, do not get a notification when a seller wants to lower a price in advance of him actually doing it. So, there is no way we could contact you.

What I think must have happened here from your description, is that your bid became inactive after you declined the counteroffer. At some point after that, the seller changed his mind on his bottom line price, for whatever reason, and lowered the price on ComicLink. You were not notified because your bid, having declined the counteroffer, was no longer active. This is not something that we humans would have anything to do with. What book was it, and what is your name? I can look it up and see what happened, exactly, to confirm the accuracy of these statements. However, if you have an issue, or do not understand how the system works in the future, just give us a call. We'd be more than happy to clarify.

Josh Nathanson

www.comiclink.com

Josh, I now have a decent understanding of the limitations of your site and have simply chosen to buy from outlets where I can have better communication with the sellers. My mistake was believing that your fee included more personal contact than you are offering. In most cases machine to machine works well and very little interaction is needed.

Regarding the accuracy of my statements- The book was the All American 25 (which you can find by looking on your first page of CGC books for sale). Regarding my bids -you can simply check the E-mails you sent me.

I believe that:

There are countless GA books in the marketplace in which I have an interest. I usually buy between 100-200/yr

through enough channels that I have never found myself limited. As I've said before a buyer must be comfortable with whom he does business.

sounds like you are a solid collector who is an active buyer. As such I cant believe you are going to cut off your nose to spite your face because of ONE questionable deal with an industry leading comics selling website!? Just call Josh. Hes a sweetie and talk to him about what you are looking for. If you are not happy with impersonal internet based transactions, get in there and start a relationship with Comiclink, as you no doubt do with your current favorite dealers. Josh is a strong ally to have. So is Doug etc etc.

Why remove yourself from their assets? Getting on the phone with Josh will cut thru all these issues that left a bad taste in your craw.

well, I replied to an earlier post in such a hurry to suggest th eabove solution, that I hadnt read Josh's research as to what really happenned here - - - or, Josh rec=mmending you do the same thing I suggested.

alls well that ends well. And I still strongly suggest you get to know Josh and help yourself to some comics for your collection.

Well, this may not be Shakespeare but it's certainly Much Ado About Nothing. tongue.gifwink.gifsmirk.gif

Darn Brits, stop trying to inject your high-falutin' cultural references into these boards!

Ah, you love us. Besides, considering the mistake the would-be buyer made, that quote is about right.

I was wondering, I just completed my first "Make an Offer" deal on ComicLink.

It was confirmed available...

I paid/received an e-receipt and was wondering what the next phase is?

How long does the seller have to get the book ready to ship?

-what is the average response time for sellers?

I tried to use the FAQ section of the Comiclink site but was unsuccessful.

Anybody?

confused-smiley-013.gif

Josh, when are you going to require scans of every book that is posted on Comiclink? It's 2005, not 1995 !

I have passed on many books because I have no idea what to expect since there is neither a scan nor a description.

I was wondering, I just completed my first "Make an Offer" deal on ComicLink.

It was confirmed available...

I paid/received an e-receipt and was wondering what the next phase is?

How long does the seller have to get the book ready to ship?

-what is the average response time for sellers?

I tried to use the FAQ section of the Comiclink site but was unsuccessful.

Anybody?

confused-smiley-013.gif

When the seller confirms the book is available and accepts your offer/bid, the ComicLink system requests that they ship the book so that CLink receives it within 5 business days. Then it should be looked over and sent to you.

In some cases they have the book in their possession (this happened with a book I bought recently) and it was in my hands in 3 days.

gossip.gif You can always call them -- they answer their phone.

My recent Comiclink experience:

I ordered 3 books from Comiclink.

My offers were accepted (comfirmed via e-mail) and the 3 books were placed in "my purchases" section under my account. Additionally the 3 books were marked "sale pending" on their website.

I received a package in the mail last week that contained only 2 of the 3 books and was not charged for the third. Upon calling Comiclink to inquire about the third book (which I really, really wanted) I was told that the owner had previously sold the book at a con and forgot to inform Comiclink. Even though my original offer for that book was counter offered and I countered back till the owner accepted my offer! foreheadslap.gif

In this instance I feel the fault would go to the seller and not to Comiclink.

Oh yeah, there's no way Josh could have fixed that problem. Sounds like the seller was playing games.

True, as I can't help but wonder if the seller got an even better offer, who knows? confused-smiley-013.gif

I received a package in the mail last week that contained only 2 of the 3 books and was not charged for the third.

Does CL offer a full return policy in situations like this? Many times I buy several books off of a single dealer, but 1-2 books are the key ones, and if they're not in, I'd definitely reconsider.

I looked over the site CL FAQ and could not find anything.

I would doubt it very much...they're in the inidividual book business, they generally don't sell lots...so I would figure that each individual purchase that you decide to pull the trigger on is on your own head, regardless of how your other bids pan out.