• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why I will no longer deal with Comiclink

143 posts in this topic

And as far as not paying for books, well, what can they do to you really.

I was just half-joking, as we all know auction sites will let sellers get away with murder, while nailing bidders to the wall.

A seller says "I forgot I already sold the book" or "my dog ate my CGC case" and we all nod our heads and move on.

A buyer says "I forgot I already spent all my money" or "my dog ate my wallet" and we string him up by the nearest telephone pole.

If you are referring to other companies, I have no knowledge of how they handle their sellers, but it seems to me that your opinions are not based on fact when it comes to how ComicLink handles its buyers and sellers. It is a negative spin without substance, really. If a seller proves to be unreliable, he or she is no longer allowed to list books on the site.

Josh Nathanson

ComicLink.com

Any comment about the lack of scans on Comiclink?

I don't view it as any different than eBay, where scans are often poor or absent. Many of the books on CL are not in their possession, so it's the seller's fault for not including photos.

If a book was posted on CL that I was interested in, but had no photo, I'd call Josh and tell him I'm interested in the book, and could he please ask the seller to either post a pic in the listing, or email me a scan directly.

Sure - we have many sellers and some of them do not have the time to scan the hundreds or thousands of books that they have. They do understand that a scan helps the sale, so many will scan as time allows. My feeling is that it is better to have more books available even if they don't have scans, then to not have them available to buyers at all. If you are a buyer that will only buy after seeing a scan, then you can avoid those books that don't. That said, I would like to see as many scans as possible on the site as they lead to more sales for sellers.

Josh Nathanson

www.comiclink.com

I really don't like the idea of someone listing their books in 2 different places at once. If they want to list their book on Ebay or some other venue, then they should remove it from Comiclink first. If the deal falls through on Ebay, then they can relist it again. Seriously, if I already have the scans on my system, it only takes me about 30 seconds to relist each book. If I'm not sure whether I want to sell the book or not, then I either list it with a high value (which I'd gladly sell it for if met), or don't list it at all. It's as simple as that.

Just to clear this up - sellers are prohibited from listing their items on ComicLink and other 3rd party venues at the same time. If we see that a seller is doing that, the item in violation is deleted (and at our discretion, perhaps all the sellers items along with it) and the sellers account may be cancelled permanently. If anyone sees a double listing, and you email us at buysell@comiclink.com about it, we will take immediate action.

Josh,

I thought that sellers can list their items on CL as well as other 3rd party venues as long as the price asked on CL is the same or lower than on the other sites. According to your Requirements, #3:

3) Books submitted to ComicLink for listing must not be advertised by the seller or an agent of the seller anywhere else for a lower price than it is listed for on ComicLink. This is necessary in order to keep the listings competitive.

Has there been a change in policy? confused-smiley-013.gif

I really don't like the idea of someone listing their books in 2 different places at once. If they want to list their book on Ebay or some other venue, then they should remove it from Comiclink first. If the deal falls through on Ebay, then they can relist it again. Seriously, if I already have the scans on my system, it only takes me about 30 seconds to relist each book. If I'm not sure whether I want to sell the book or not, then I either list it with a high value (which I'd gladly sell it for if met), or don't list it at all. It's as simple as that.

Just to clear this up - sellers are prohibited from listing their items on ComicLink and other 3rd party venues at the same time. If we see that a seller is doing that, the item in violation is deleted (and at our discretion, perhaps all the sellers items along with it) and the sellers account may be cancelled permanently. If anyone sees a double listing, and you email us at buysell@comiclink.com about it, we will take immediate action.

Josh,

I thought that sellers can list their items on CL as well as other 3rd party venues as long as the price asked on CL is the same or lower than on the other sites. According to your Requirements, #3:

3) Books submitted to ComicLink for listing must not be advertised by the seller or an agent of the seller anywhere else for a lower price than it is listed for on ComicLink. This is necessary in order to keep the listings competitive.

Jeff,

What (3) is referring to is print advertising or the seller's own web site. See (4) below, which is posted right below it.:

4) Items cannot be available for sale via any auction or other 3rd party site at the same time as they are listed on ComicLink.

Since this confused you, I am going to change the order and clarify.

Thanks,

Josh Nathanson

www.comiclink.com

Josh,

Jeff,

What (3) is referring to is print advertising or the seller's own web site. See (4) below, which is posted right below it.:

4) Items cannot be available for sale via any auction or other 3rd party site at the same time as they are listed on ComicLink.

Thanks,

Josh Nathanson

www.comiclink.com

foreheadslap.gif I just kept reading after my post. You're right, the next item clearly states that the item can't be listed on another site.

Thanks.

Josh,

Jeff,

Thanks,

Josh Nathanson

www.comiclink.com

Rules 3 and 4 now read:

3) Items cannot be available for sale via any auction or other 3rd party site at the same time as they are listed on ComicLink.

4) Books submitted to ComicLink for listing can be advertised directly by the seller in print or on the seller's own web site while on ComicLink if the price is the same or lower on ComicLink. This is necessary in order to keep the listings competitive.

Thanks Jeff!

Josh

Sure - we have many sellers and some of them do not have the time to scan the hundreds or thousands of books that they have. They do understand that a scan helps the sale, so many will scan as time allows. My feeling is that it is better to have more books available even if they don't have scans, then to not have them available to buyers at all. If you are a buyer that will only buy after seeing a scan, then you can avoid those books that don't. That said, I would like to see as many scans as possible on the site as they lead to more sales for sellers.

Josh Nathanson

www.comiclink.com

thanx for coming on here to explain what happened. Its good to get one-on-one comments when stuff like this happens and questions are raised. You're a good man Josh.

But you forgot to address another concern: do you or have you ever prressed books?

(feel free to answer, I'm only half kidding around!)

comiclink sucks!i was outbid on an item well for some reason the insufficiently_thoughtful_person did not respond or something so once i was outbid i made other arrangements so b/c the other bidder screwed them they deleted the bid and made me the high bidder again.once i was outbid i have no more ties to them so i am not paying

comiclink sucks!i was outbid on an item well for some reason the insufficiently_thoughtful_person did not respond or something so once i was outbid i made other arrangements so b/c the other bidder screwed them they deleted the bid and made me the high bidder again.once i was outbid i have no more ties to them so i am not paying

[font:Book Antiqua]Ahhh, Mmmm Welcome to the boards...

So you win an auction @ CLink,

and now you dont want to pay ehhh...

Keep posting how its work...[/font]

:eyeroll:

Welcome to the boards. I can see it could be a problem if you bid on other

auctions believing you had been outbid and suddenly you're committed to

more than you can afford.

I'm impressed that you managed to find a thread from 2005.

WTTB! And remember, punctuation is your friend. :banana:

:popcorn:

Welcome to the boards. I can see it could be a problem if you bid on other

auctions believing you had been outbid and suddenly you're committed to

more than you can afford.

I'm impressed that you managed to find a thread from 2005.

Seems like they fixed the search function just in time. :D

But the guy does have a point as it's not like eBay when you know for sure when an auction ends.

Sometimes C-Link leaves those books hanging up on their site (at least they use to, I haven't searched them in almost 2 years now) long after the book has been sold. How is a buyer/bidder/offerer suppose to know when the "commitment to buy" is over?

i know that comiclink will ban me,but since i'm not gonna use them anymore anyway i could care less.i will be using heritage from here on out.comiclink should think their lucky stars i am not suing them for scamming me.once you are outbid a deal is no longer a deal but they are trying to screw me b/c they were screwed.not my problem!

Um, I don't think that this is possible. You cannot cancel a bit on Clink, at least I've never seen or heard of it being done, and it says this on their site before you bid if you read the rules. Once you are no longer a high bidder on an exchange or auction item you're off the hook, period. I can't see them trying to make you pay for something after you have been outbid, because per their rules you are no longer part of the contract at that point, unless I have completely misread them.

But good luck with your vendetta, shill.

i know that comiclink will ban me,but since i'm not gonna use them anymore anyway i could care less.i will be using heritage from here on out.comiclink should think their lucky stars i am not suing them for scamming me.once you are outbid a deal is no longer a deal but they are trying to screw me b/c they were screwed.not my problem!

Couldn't :gossip: