• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

7th Annual Green Eggs Grading Contest - Round 8
3 3

359 posts in this topic

Just now, Wolverinex said:

do you really know though?  I've learned that Gift grades sometimes happen to special people...  just not me

I went with 3.0 as a hedge because I wasn't sure. I thought there was a slim chance it would get a 3.5, but more likely a 3.0 or 2.5. 

Just now, sckao said:

Congrats to @ElrodAllWrong for EXTENDING HIS LEAD and solidifying his grip on FIRST PLACE. Is there NO ONE to challenge him for the throne? :facepalm:

nope

Just remember that there's an INCREDIBLE amount of sheer luck that goes into these things. I bounced back and forth between 2.5 and 3.0 for Aquaman...was initially going to go with 2.5...changed it to 3.0. When you only have a possible 10 points to work with, the 2 points being a single degree off does serious damage. Half my grades this entire contest have been "one off", where I just picked the one grade that CGC didn't go with.

Edited by RockMyAmadeus

1 minute ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Just remember that there's an INCREDIBLE amount of sheer luck that goes into these things. I bounced back and forth between 2.5 and 3.0 for Aquaman...was initially going to go with 2.5...changed it to 3.0. When you only have a possible 10 points to work with, the 2 points being a single degree off does serious damage. Half my grades this entire contest have been "one off", where I just picked the one grade that CGC didn't go with.

best of luck going forward :whistle: 

Luck is a bigger factor in march madness-you can have a lot more points than an opponent but if they get lucky in the match up-out you go.

19 minutes ago, sckao said:

Congrats to @ElrodAllWrong for EXTENDING HIS LEAD and solidifying his grip on FIRST PLACE. Is there NO ONE to challenge him for the throne? :facepalm:

(tsk)