• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Worst Comic Covers Ever - Let's See 'Em!

721 posts in this topic

all the covers from that stupid "assistant editors month" thing marvel did back in '84 or whenever were pretty bad, too

The Silver Surfer run that started in 1987 had some great stories and some great art, but it also had some lousy art (or, at least art that wasn't my preference - I'll say it that way).

Most of the time you got the Surfer looking like this:

3433_4_0036.jpg

That thing hurts my eyes. It is a good thing that it wasn't a chromium/silver foil/embossed cover. SS would just be too shiny!

BTW - How do you post pics/scans?

Yeah, just not my preference. Here's another style that I really hate. Again, just not my preference. Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but this art kept me from even TRYING to get any of these issues. I just can't get past the artwork.

10987_4_002.jpg

Man, I could NOT agree more with this. How did we go from Kirby and Ditko and Adams nad Steranko to this dreck?

That thing hurts my eyes. It is a good thing that it wasn't a chromium/silver foil/embossed cover. SS would just be too shiny!

Actually I was using that as an example of some of the good artwork (because of the detail and smoothness of the SS).

You have to click either "Quote" or "Reply". Under the text box, in the "Instant UBB Code" section, click "Image". A dialog box will open, and you can copy & paste a URL there.

This cover should always ranks at the top of these "worst" discussions. I guess we can close this thread now? smirk.gif

st40.jpg

Jim

Ooooh, that's pretty bad, but............................compelling somehow. 893whatthe.gif Must seek that one out.

The ASM photo cover is the Worst Cover Ever. I don't want to go find it because it'll mean looking at that horrible thing again.

That Ultimate Team-Up book is a good example of what Bendis tried to do with that title. He got a ton of very popular indy talent to come do some superhero stuff. Being that I spend just as much time reading Indy books as I do Marvel stuff, I really enjoyed it. =) Jim Mahfood won't get a permanent job at Marvel doing covers though, thats for sure. Indy is indy for a reason.

Actually I was using that as an example of some of the good artwork (because of the detail and smoothness of the SS).

You have to click either "Quote" or "Reply". Under the text box, in the "Instant UBB Code" section, click "Image". A dialog box will open, and you can copy & paste a URL there.

Does it have to be a URL? Is there a way to upload/display a pic from my computer?

Does it have to be a URL? Is there a way to upload/display a pic from my computer?

For that, you'll have to check the "I want to preview my post and/or attach a file" checkbox down at the bottom of the screen. You can then attach a pic from your computer. Once you make your post, it will have an "Attachment" link. Click that link, and copy the URL.

Then, go back and click "Edit" on your original post, and click "Image" in the "Instant UBB Code" section. Paste image's URL, then click the Continue button.

Hope that makes sense, let me know if it works for you or not.

I'll throw out some popular expensive books with crappy covers.

Amazing Spider-man #1, Does anyone else think this is a crappy cover? Of all the #1 Marvel issues, has this one even been redone?

Amazing Spider-man30 96,122 and the one with the Mind Worm or some such dreck, issue 130 I think. Any Spidermobile cover, so cheesy and bad they're in vogue

Hulk 182

X-men 94, Its an Icon only because of what it represents, I think its the worst cover of the X-men 70's run. 108 and 110 are pretty bad too.

Peter Parker 158 - Maybe I just hated Cosmic Spidey but the cover sucked too.

All time worst cover or a key book: Strange Tales 110 - Not only do you not get Dr Strange on the cover, it just sucks.