• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Worst Comic Covers Ever - Let's See 'Em!

721 posts in this topic

OK so that's 30 covers. Would anyone like to rank them? From 1-30.

Maybe someone could figure out a way to poll this info. Might come up with a consensus of the top 10 worst covers. (Not that we'd ever agree on any of this)

For refrence sake here's the 30 in random order. You may need to revisit each image from earlier pages to appreciate the full beauty. tongue.gif

29.jpg

30.jpg

I guess you have to see that Spider-woman cover live to really get an idea of its putridity. The assorted cast of "live action" villains is just hilarious when you look at a full-sized copy.

That crazy white afro guy in the disco suit still gives me nightmares. 893whatthe.gif

Its a toss up between the ASM 262 photo cover and the MTU 128 photo cover. But because the 128 is new to me, I'm going to go with the 262 and the decades old hatred I have for it.

I guess you have to see that Spider-woman cover live to really get an idea of its putridity. The assorted cast of "live action" villains is just hilarious when you look at a full-sized copy.

Trust me, JC, the impact of that cover has not been lost on me.

Once, I had been able to repress my memories of it, to bury that image deep within my subconscious, but no longer. You made sure of that.

Now Spider-Woman #50 will inhabit my dreams and haunt my waking hours... forever.

I hope you can live with yourself.

insane.gif

Some of my contenders...

60950262738.53.GIF

Holy Cap! That book is going to give me nightmares. What are those "kids" supposed to be, mutant survivors of a nuclear war?

Man, that is horrifyingly ugly. As JC said, the kids are grotesque. And who took a big bite out of Spidey's arm?

Here's one of many Jim Aparo masterpieces. Can someone explain this reflection?

141_4_0000298.jpg

Well there could be a mirror on the ceiling which then sends a reflection down to the knife, but um, wait a minute that would be a frontwards reflection of an already normal backwards reflection so you're seeing the........ARGH my brain snapped. Christo_pull_hair.gif

Some of my contenders...

60950262738.53.GIF

Holy Cap! That book is going to give me nightmares. What are those "kids" supposed to be, mutant survivors of a nuclear war?

If you think the cover is an abomination, check out the inside. And, the writing may be worse than the art. 893whatthe.gif

This story arc was the last I bought of this title. I donated them all to the Salvation Army and actually felt guilty about doing it. The disadvantaged have enough problems, they shouldn't have to deal with garbage like this.

sorry.gif

This story arc was the last I bought of this title. I donated them all to the Salvation Army and actually felt guilty about doing it. The disadvantaged have enough problems, they shouldn't have to deal with garbage like this.

It's funny, I've had the same misgivings when I've donated a bunch of 90's indy dreck to Comics4Kids. I was glad to get rid of them, but if the kids read those and think that they're what good comics are all about...no wonder they'd rather play video games.