• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your Modern Newsies!
22 22

3,040 posts in this topic

On 5/18/2022 at 6:58 PM, Beastfeast said:

This is the ONLY good X book that was made in the 90s.  Fight me.  

I've long thought I'd find this in the dollar bin, I'm glad a higher power proved me right! 

Its the kind of art that reminds me of that madman guy, with the exclamation point lol

It's all a bit sickly with color, all the same I cant look away. Lots of 1sts and some following at least. 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 5/18/2022 at 7:02 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Its the kind of art that reminds me of that madman guy, with the exclamation point lol

I assume you know this and it's the reason you said that, but the artist on this book was the creator of Madman.

Congrats on a great pickup!

On 5/18/2022 at 9:54 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

I assume you know this and it's the reason you said that, but the artist on this book was the creator of Madman.

Oh Hullabaloo!

On 5/19/2022 at 12:35 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:
On 5/18/2022 at 9:54 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

Oh Hullabaloo!

lol I had said my line before, but I might have been reminded then that it was the same "guy"

Regardless, I had forgot again doh! 

At least I had the same reminiscence 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 5/28/2022 at 8:19 PM, BuraddoRun said:

Here are a few more recent HPB finds. Just got around to bag & boarding them today.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Im glad someone has had some luck there ! 

Or some fun anyway ☺️

Seems mine has more stuff online than in store, which I found out today and also thought was odd. @F For Fakeis that a thing?

On 5/28/2022 at 8:39 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Im glad someone has had some luck there ! 

Or some fun anyway ☺️

Seems mine has more stuff online than in store, which I found out today and also thought was odd. @F For Fakeis that a thing?

You know, I’ve never found much on the website, most of the stuff on there has been overpriced in my estimation. My local HPB has pretty much dried up. Word finally got out a couple of years ago and there’s a lot more competition. It was a really good time 10-15 years ago!