• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ANT-MAN & THE WASP QUANTUMANIA directed by Peyton Reed (2023)
11 11

1,061 posts in this topic

On 2/23/2023 at 3:26 PM, Gatsby77 said:

Wow that's bad.

Less than 1/2 of Wakanda's first Wednesday take.

And a Day # 6 average of $888 per screen - a mark that took Wakanda until Day # 18 to hit.

Check the comp versus Deadpool which also opened on Prez day weekend; after opening Friday was the same now running 1/2 DP rate. $600M looks like a pipe dream.  #antsizedBO

On 2/24/2023 at 7:19 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Quality writing, VFX, and acting would be nice.

I'd like some laugh out loud moments and some spots where the crowd feels like they should cheer.  Like most of the earlier Marvel movies.  I know it's not fair the bar has been set so high but if you want to continue to dominate the movie landscape then they really need to keep exceeding expectations and it all just seems flat right now.

On 2/24/2023 at 8:47 AM, 1Cool said:

I'd like some laugh out loud moments and some spots where the crowd feels like they should cheer.  Like most of the earlier Marvel movies.  I know it's not fair the bar has been set so high but if you want to continue to dominate the movie landscape then they really need to keep exceeding expectations and it all just seems flat right now.

My theater was so dead-quiet during this movie, but I did LOL a few times even when very few others did. A lot of the 'jokes' were simply not funny.

On 2/24/2023 at 4:01 PM, paperheart said:

:roflmao: this is Twilight level bad, this may struggle to break $500MM WW

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania which is currently seeing an OMG -71% drop with a $30M second weekend

Bu-bu-but Deadline said it would do $40M+ this weekend earlier.   You mean to tell me that one of the industry's biggest shill sites could be.....wrong ?

-J.

On 2/24/2023 at 2:12 PM, Gatsby77 said:

Given that's not adjusting for inflation and The Dark World came out more than 9 years ago...

That's not good.

I would have to say that is impressive that it beat Dark World since Dark World was a more entertaining film..................