• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ANT-MAN & THE WASP QUANTUMANIA directed by Peyton Reed (2023)
11 11

1,061 posts in this topic

On 3/3/2023 at 7:34 AM, Straw-Man said:

guardians 3 better be big...

I think they've alienated the fan base too much. I'm not seeing it, and not a single person I know is talking about it. Hel, my dad who kinda wants to see it can't even remember that it's the next one, or even what month it's coming out.

On 3/3/2023 at 9:51 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I think they've alienated the fan base too much. I'm not seeing it, and not a single person I know is talking about it. Hel, my dad who kinda wants to see it can't even remember that it's the next one, or even what month it's coming out.

It is also not relevant to the current phase (if that matters).  This is more a completion to the Guardians story, and it this point happens in its own disconnected corner of the MCU.  Plus, Gunn has left the building. It's performance will not help the MCU at all, because it is essentially a stand alone at this point. 

I personally think this movie will do well, and actually make money.  I do no think it will break $1 billion, but will be on par with the other Guardians movies in the $800 million to maybe cracking $900 million.

On 3/3/2023 at 7:23 AM, Bosco685 said:

Ant_Man3_BO.thumb.PNG.a7776b32979a2079cd0576b291c106a8.PNG

Ok, I think we can all agree that Ant 3 will not be as (or even) profitable as either of the first two, but looking at these numbers and the fact that the majority of ticket sales has already happened, can Ant 3 get to the WW take of Ant 1?

On 3/3/2023 at 11:21 AM, media_junkie said:

Ok, I think we can all agree that Ant 3 will not be as (or even) profitable as either of the first two, but looking at these numbers and the fact that the majority of ticket sales has already happened, can Ant 3 get to the WW take of Ant 1?

No chance.

On 3/3/2023 at 11:21 AM, media_junkie said:

I think $425 would be a stretch at this point with the huge drop off each week.  Nobody is clammering to see it a second time.

On 3/3/2023 at 8:27 AM, october said:

I am just one person, but the recent brand damage is significant. I saw virtually every movie pre-Endgame, now my default is hard pass. 

Agreed. I warned my buddy not to watch 'Thor: Love and Blunder' but he still pained himself by trying to watch the DVD to the end. Next best thing to a Marvel movie is (Adonis) Creed 3 (Killmonger) boxing against Kang (QuANTuMANia) starting March 3, 2023.

Edited by aardvark88
sp.

On 3/3/2023 at 11:32 AM, 1Cool said:

I think $425 would be a stretch at this point with the huge drop off each week.  Nobody is clammering to see it a second time.

How does Kang recover as a villain after this film, is the character permanently damaged by association?.  I do not care how good Majors was in this film, if audiences have rejected Quantomania. does it mean that by extension they will reject Kang?  

On 3/3/2023 at 12:54 PM, drotto said:

How does Kang recover as a villain after this film, is the character permanently damaged by association?.  I do not care how good Majors was in this film, if audiences have rejected Quantomania. does it mean that by extension they will reject Kang?  

I didn't like Kang as the next big bad guy when he was on Loki but it was early and I wanted to give him a chance.  The whole multiverse is just confusing to most people and confusion is ok in an Indy movie but you don't want people leaving the summer blockbuster scratching their heads.  With the complete bombs (Doctor Strange 2 and now Ant-Man 3) the execs at Marvel better be in rethink mode since it's pretty obvious the road they are on is not a good one.  Kang was kind of boring in comics back in the day and seeing him on screen just doesn't instill fear or aww like they had with Thanos.

On 3/3/2023 at 4:27 PM, october said:

I am just one person, but the recent brand damage is significant. Pre-Phase 4 I would say my opinion of the MCU was "pretty positive" up until ~2020. That has dropped all the way to "very negative" in the course of a single phase. I saw virtually every movie pre-Endgame, now my default is hard pass. 

Likewise. The first GOTG is my favourite Marvel Studios film, but even with that in mind I’m struggling to motivate myself for the conclusion.

On 3/3/2023 at 2:05 PM, Bosco685 said:

$245M is a crack pipe dream

The third weekend of Disney/Marvel Studios’ Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania at 3,825 theaters is seeing a third estimated Friday of $3.5M and 3-day of $13.3M which will get it to $187.6M.  (that's down nearly 60% for those counting at home)

On 3/3/2023 at 3:47 PM, paperheart said:

$245M is a crack pipe dream

The third weekend of Disney/Marvel Studios’ Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania at 3,825 theaters is seeing a third estimated Friday of $3.5M and 3-day of $13.3M which will get it to $187.6M.  (that's down nearly 60% for those counting at home)

Hold up.  But variety and deadline just told me yesterday that it was going to make up to 19M this weekend.  🤔

-J.

On 3/3/2023 at 5:08 PM, Jaydogrules said:

Hold up.  But variety and deadline just told me yesterday that it was going to make up to 19M this weekend.  🤔

-J.

D'Alessandro is a champion pumper, just look at him.   Unless Int'l holds up much better, this thing is going to do a WW # starting with a $4

On 3/3/2023 at 10:30 AM, 1Cool said:

I didn't like Kang as the next big bad guy when he was on Loki but it was early and I wanted to give him a chance.  The whole multiverse is just confusing to most people and confusion is ok in an Indy movie but you don't want people leaving the summer blockbuster scratching their heads.  With the complete bombs (Doctor Strange 2 and now Ant-Man 3) the execs at Marvel better be in rethink mode since it's pretty obvious the road they are on is not a good one.  Kang was kind of boring in comics back in the day and seeing him on screen just doesn't instill fear or aww like they had with Thanos.

Dr Strange 2 did not bomb.

Box office wise it did amazing, but the youtube over-hype that every Marvel character ever was going to be in it made people feel cheated. 

Dr Strange 2 IMO was clearly the best movie of phase 4 (Spider-man does not count). 

On 3/3/2023 at 8:34 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

Dr Strange 2 did not bomb.

Box office wise it did amazing, but the youtube over-hype that every Marvel character ever was going to be in it made people feel cheated. 

Dr Strange 2 IMO was clearly the best movie of phase 4 (Spider-man does not count). 

It did not bomb, but it underperformed based on the fact it was sold as one of the biggest events films of Phase 4 and was expected to break $1 billion, especially coming off Spider-Man