• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ANT-MAN & THE WASP QUANTUMANIA directed by Peyton Reed (2023)
11 11

1,061 posts in this topic

On 3/5/2023 at 12:21 PM, paperheart said:

Int'l may drag this past $500MM, still dreadful

Amazing that this film looks likely to fall short of the first Ant Man movie. Will struggle to reach $500 million, and has a good chance of not getting there. So how big a loss will Disney take on this film?  

So based on what we know from Loki, Quantumania, and writer Jeff Loveness’ recent statement that Kang didn’t lie…

He Who Remains prevented infinite multiverses by pruning them via the TVA, thus preventing the possibility of an infinite number of Kangs who all possess the secret to time. When Sylvie killed He Who Remains, that event created the infinite multiverse and thus an infinite number of Kangs, which is why Loki returns to a TVA with Kang statues everywhere. He Who Remains warns Sylvie before he dies “wait until you meet my variants.” The Kang of Quantumania is the first variant we meet after Sylvie’s act, who states only he can stop the infinite number of Kangs. So if Kang didn’t lie, then Kang is actually a hero in a way, and Scott and the Pyms did the same thing Sylvie is guilty of, that is, stopping the one man who knows how to stop infinite numbers of himself from destroying everything. 

So, like Thanos, is there a possibility that Kang is right?

On 3/5/2023 at 5:11 PM, bentbryan said:

B523A44F-5D85-4CA2-AEA0-0E0D5270DB4C.gif

If this is referring to me, you mean by moth am I like (besides being an Ant-Man fan from childhood) both a bigly movie fan and comic book fan and am therefore drawn to the warm glow of the only good comic book movie in town right now? ( and news flash, Quantumania is a good movie)  Then I guess so, only Quantumania doesn’t burn to the touch.