• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WB's JOKER: THE SEQUEL directed by Todd Phillips (TBD)
3 3

251 posts in this topic

On 3/29/2023 at 4:59 PM, Callaway29 said:

That said, props to her successful crossover with a star was born. 

My wife was impressed with her in the season of American Horror Story that she was in. She has some acting ability, I guess.

On 5/26/2023 at 3:17 PM, eastriver400 said:

Just saw the mini trailer that dropped two days ago.  Super intrigued with a shot of Thomas and Martha Wayne’s tombstones. 

It's fan made

Screen Culture: Take a look at our 'First Trailer' concept for DC Elseworlds' upcoming movie JOKER 2: Folie à Deux directed by Todd Phillips

‘Joker 2’ composer teases there’ll be “a lot of music” in the sequel

Hildur Guðnadóttir, composer on Joker: Folie à Deux, has teased the upcoming sequel might be more of a musical than anticipated.

Speaking in an interview with ComicBook.com, the composer was asked how the sequel’s musical nature would impact the score.

“All I can say is there is going to be a lot of music,” Guðnadóttir told the outlet. “That’s all I can give away.”

I wonder if this is coming from the perspective of how Harley Quinn sees the world. So in her mind, life is a musical.

Margot Robbie was interviewed about BOP and hinted at the police station fight where Harley hits them with confetti balls it is actually blood. But Harley sees things differently.

And in The Suicide Squad where she sees flowers around her, same situation where she is dancing to music. As with her mental instability this leads to a different perception of the world.

Edited by Bosco685

I thought we've known this was a musical for months now.

The main question in my mind is: Can Joaquin sing?

Countless talented actors have stumbled when they found themselves in musicals that asked too much of their abilities:

See:

• Russell Crowe in Les Miserables
  • Edward Norton in Everybody Says I Love You
  • Pierce Brosnan in Mama Mia!

On 9/8/2023 at 1:04 PM, Gatsby77 said:

Countless talented actors have stumbled when they found themselves in musicals that asked too much of their abilities:

Especially when paired with someone that legit can sing, Lady Gaga.  I'm not a fan of her music (don't like it, don't hate it) but she has some pipes on her for sure.

On 9/8/2023 at 12:51 PM, NewEnglandGothic said:

Well, at least Joker: Folie à Deux isn't going to be like a lot of funny book movies coming out lately.  Hopefully, it'll stick to that trend and actually make money, so we get more original concepts.

I expect this movie does big box office like Barbie. Lady Ga Ga is a awesome performer. This will be a huge hit. Joker is considered cool ip. It would take extraordinary circumstances for this movie to flop. We shall see. Lol. 

On 9/8/2023 at 4:07 PM, media_junkie said:

Especially when paired with someone that legit can sing, Lady Gaga.  I'm not a fan of her music (don't like it, don't hate it) but she has some pipes on her for sure.

Definitely. I am the same as you, don't like it don't hate it, but I definitely recognize the ability. Watched a James Corden video with Lady Gaga called Carpool Karaoke and it was a demonstration of her singing ability.

On 9/8/2023 at 6:07 PM, media_junkie said:

She can also act.

She was *phenomenal* in A Star Is Born.

On 9/8/2023 at 1:02 PM, Bosco685 said:

I wonder if this is coming from the perspective of how Harley Quinn sees the world. So in her mind, life is a musical.

Margot Robbie was interviewed about BOP and hinted at the police station fight where Harley hits them with confetti balls it is actually blood. But Harley sees things differently.

And in The Suicide Squad where she sees flowers around her, same situation where she is dancing to music. As with her mental instability this leads to a different perception of the world.

Great intuition!! Me likes!!

On 12/20/2023 at 6:59 AM, Bosco685 said:

From The Empire Movie Podcast, a three hour conversation with Edgar Wright & Quentin Tarantino, where Tarantino explains how Joker subverts the viewer.

I wonder if Tarantino realizes that scene was originally set up by Miller's DKR? His using the Letterman reference tells me he must as it was a Letterman look-alike in the comic book.