• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WB's JOKER: THE SEQUEL directed by Todd Phillips (TBD)
3 3

251 posts in this topic

On 8/22/2022 at 2:40 PM, Bosco685 said:

io9, The Guardian and Variety all implied this when the first movie came out (e.g., mass shootings, riots, killings). None of it really came about. But it made for 'quality' reporting to get people fired up.

:baiting:

Oh I am not talking about mass shootings, riots, or killings. 

I am specifically talking about walking through comic con and being approached by the cosplaying crowd that want to run and prance through comic con acting like they are actually Deadpool.  There was one in the city were a bunch of them ran into the room and starting running around making believe they were part of some dance party.  

I don't think there will be mass shootings, riots, or killings because of the next Joker movie. 

I do think that a bunch of fools are going to have a lack of social grace at NYCC 2023 and 2024 as the cosplaying Deadpools do. 

On 8/22/2022 at 3:02 PM, Buzzetta said:

I am specifically talking about walking through comic con and being approached by the cosplaying crowd that want to run and prance through comic con acting like they are actually Deadpool.  There was one in the city were a bunch of them ran into the room and starting running around making believe they were part of some dance party.  

I don't think there will be mass shootings, riots, or killings because of the next Joker movie. 

I do think that a bunch of fools are going to have a lack of social grace at NYCC 2023 and 2024 as the cosplaying Deadpools do. 

Fans being too fanatical. I get where you are going with this.

Of the two showings I went to in watching Deadpool (2016), at the second one someone came completely decked out in the character outfit with plastic swords and a plastic gun. He was shocked the police pulled him out of the crowd to have him unmask and put all his weapons on a table for inspection.

:facepalm:

On 8/22/2022 at 3:02 PM, Buzzetta said:

During The Dark Knight Rises, some tool dressed up as Ledger's Joker and was trying to act the part prior to the movie starting. It was pure cringe.

I can enjoy cosplaying if you don't go full-Froot Loop. I had a friend who cosplayed as Gambit. It's usually the mentally ill who dress up as the mentally-ill and then act doubly-mentally ill.

On 9/8/2022 at 1:21 PM, Bosco685 said:

Rumor for now.

But that never gets in the way of a good "this is going to be trash" fest. :nyah:

if it is indeed a musical with googoo lady, will this be worse than the 'cats' movie they did a few years ago? seems probable, right? 

On 9/8/2022 at 9:04 PM, alexgross.com said:

if it is indeed a musical with googoo lady, will this be worse than the 'cats' movie they did a few years ago? seems probable, right? 

Not with Todd Philips at the helm.  

Edited by eastriver400

How did we land at this assumption and already determined its worth before even one teaser or trailer was released?

At least the three regulars on here predicted Joker would be a bomb by the time it played at Venice Film Festival and Toronto Film Festival before it exceeded $1B worldwide without China.

:nyah:

On 9/9/2022 at 2:01 AM, Bosco685 said:

How did we land at this assumption and already determined its worth before even one teaser or trailer was released?

At least the three regulars on here predicted Joker would be a bomb by the time it played at Venice Film Festival and Toronto Film Festival before it exceeded $1B worldwide without China.

:nyah:

i admit i've been biased against goo goo lady ever since she became a thing. i'm told she's a very good actor so i know i'm being unfair. but she's also like 50 years old. and the musical aspect is really the thing that gets me. it's so ridiculous. 

ultimately, i think JOKER is one of those great films that should never have a sequel. but no success goes unexploited in hollywood anymore. almost no failure does either, if it has good branding. 

On 9/9/2022 at 7:06 AM, alexgross.com said:

i admit i've been biased against goo goo lady ever since she became a thing. i'm told she's a very good actor so i know i'm being unfair. but she's also like 50 years old. and the musical aspect is really the thing that gets me. it's so ridiculous. 

ultimately, i think JOKER is one of those great films that should never have a sequel. but no success goes unexploited in hollywood anymore. almost no failure does either, if it has good branding. 

She hasn't acted enough to really judge her acting 

However she is an extremely talented musician 

Also, she is nowhere near 50 yet

On 9/8/2022 at 8:04 PM, alexgross.com said:

I don't really like much about her, but holy moly can she sing.  I hate pop music but she has had some really catchy bangers imo.

On 9/9/2022 at 9:06 AM, alexgross.com said:

I felt the same way initially, but I have to give Todd Phillips the benefit of the doubt.    I believe Joker 2 won't resemble  a traditional musical in the same way Joker didn't resemble a traditional CBM in any way. 

Edited by eastriver400

Casting for Joker: Folie à Deux continues to heat up as 'A House on the Bayou' and 'Maze Runner: The Death Cure' actor Jacob Lofland joins the mysterious musical. Todd Phillips directed 2019’s billion-dollar box office blowout, Joker, and is returning for the sequel. Joaquin Phoenix reprises his disturbing role as Arthur Fleck, a tortured comedian who transforms into a killer after being rejected by Gotham and its people. Lady Gaga plays Harley Quinn in the sequel, with a portion of the film taking place in Arkham Asylum, a fortified prison masquerading as a hospital for Gotham’s criminally insane population.

Other stars attached to Joker: Folie à Deux include Brendan Gleeson, Cathrine Keener, and Zazie Beetz, who reprises her role as Sophie Dumond from the original film. Lofland will play an Arkham Asylum inmate who develops a special relationship with Arthur Fleck, who was captured by the GCPD at the end of Joker after inciting a riot.

In addition to directing the anticipated sequel, Phillips co-wrote Joker: Folie à Deux with Scott Silver. Production begins in November in Los Angeles, with the movie carrying a musical element that concerns some fans. 

?

You're aware that Lady Gaga was in arguably the best movie musical of the last decade, right?

A Star Is Born was a g---d---n masterpiece, which was incredible, given that it was the *5th* version of the story to hit the screen.