• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WB's JOKER: THE SEQUEL directed by Todd Phillips (TBD)
3 3

251 posts in this topic

I definitely don’t like the idea that “there is not much of a possibility for a third joker movie”. Otherwise, it sounds like it will be a wild ride.

The younger generation of moviegoers do not have anything like Clockwork Orange.  Same way they didn’t have anything like Taxi Driver before the first Joker movie.

On 8/4/2022 at 6:28 PM, ▫️ said:

Whats next for this musical, Lady Gaga going to join the cast?

I've read that might happen.

On 7/18/2022 at 12:31 AM, eastriver400 said:

I definitely don’t like the idea that “there is not much of a possibility for a third joker movie”. Otherwise, it sounds like it will be a wild ride.

The younger generation of moviegoers do not have anything like Clockwork Orange.  Same way they didn’t have anything like Taxi Driver before the first Joker movie.

I don't think they should even make a sequel to the first Joker, let alone a third. Really, it would be very very difficult to top the first one. At least if it's a so called musical, I can trick the wife into going, saying its a musical with Lady Gaga. :devil:

“Joker” was a very New York movie — so much so that tourists flocked to the Bronx staircase where Joaquin Phoenix danced in a montage.

But the sequel, “Joker: Folie á Deux,” will shoot in Los Angeles, thanks to $12.6 million in tax credits to Warner Bros. from the state of California.

The California Film Commission announced its latest round of credit allocations on Monday morning, awarding $93.7 million to 18 projects. The recipients include an untitled indie film from Sofia Coppola and Amazon’s MGM, which will get $19.6 million to make the latest iteration of “The Thomas Crown Affair.”

Netflix — which has dominated recent rounds — once again took the lion’s share of the funding, with $37.1 million — or 40% of the total.

Studio Films

• “Joker: Folie á Deux,” Warner Bros. Pictures, $12,600,000
  • “Rebel Moon: Part 2,” Netflix Productions Inc., $16,618,000
  • “Thomas Crown Affair,” MGM Pictures Inc., $19,570,000
  • Untiled NF Project, Netflix Productions Inc. $20,511,000

Independent Films

• “A Foot in the Grave,” FITG Film LLC, $1,415,000
  • “A Special Relationship,” See-Saw Films Limited, $2,500,000
  • “Creature,” Rush Job LLC, $2,500,000
  • “Elmhurst,” XRM MEDIA, LLC, $440,000
  • “Greenlight,” Faith Media Distribution LLC, $1,218,000
  • “Guns and Moses,” Guns and Moses LLC, $735,000
  • “Perfect Stranger,” Dangerous Game Productions, LLC, $2,474,000
  • “Pizza Girl,” Maggot productions II, inc., $1,446,000
  • “Shell,” Shell Movie LLC, $2,500,000
  • “The Cure,” The Cure Movie LLC, $763,000
  • “The Knockout Queen,” Atlas Entertainment, $2,500,000
  • “Triage,” End Cue, LLC, $1,237,000
  • Untitled JJR Surf Movie, Ghost Tree Films, LLC, $2,884,000
  • Untitled Sofia Coppola Project, Peppermint Road Inc. $1,849,000

The only thing about this film that I am hesitant about is the annoyance it is going to cause at comic cons as a bunch of fools dressed up like Jokers go bouncing around getting in everyone's faces, harassing everyone with song and dance routines like the cosplaying "Deadpools" do. 

On 8/22/2022 at 2:08 PM, Buzzetta said:

The only thing about this film that I am hesitant about is the annoyance it is going to cause at comic cons as a bunch of fools dressed up like Jokers go bouncing around getting in everyone's faces, harassing everyone with song and dance routines like the cosplaying "Deadpools" do. 

io9, The Guardian and Variety all implied this when the first movie came out (e.g., mass shootings, riots, killings). None of it really came about. But it made for 'quality' reporting to get people fired up.

:baiting: