• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WB's JOKER: THE SEQUEL directed by Todd Phillips (TBD)
3 3

300 posts in this topic

On 3/22/2024 at 7:04 PM, Bosco685 said:

:facepalm:

Is Joker 2 really going to be a musical … ?

Joker (Jacques Demy’s Version) Folie à Deux will, in fact, be a musical. And it might have even more music than you expected. On March 22, Variety reported that the movie leans toward being “mostly a jukebox musical” — to the tune of at least 15 covers of “very well-known songs,” including “That’s Entertainment.” Insiders said one or two original songs might also make the final soundtrack. Ominous reports of a musical sequel first emerged in August 2022, when an insider told Variety that the sequel has “complicated musical sequences” that are more in line with A Star Is Born than In the Heights.

Leaked on-set footage appeared to confirm the threat of show tunes. The videos were taken in New York on March 31, 2023 and show Lady Gaga performing a rendition of “A Couple of Swells,” the Fred Astair and Judy Garland duet from the 1948 musical Easter Parade. Phoenix was not filmed singing, but it’s only a matter of time before we see him doing jazz squares down the Joker steps.

On 4/8/2024 at 8:40 PM, Bosco685 said:

I just don't see this being good, not as a musical...hope I'm wrong tho. 

On 4/9/2024 at 12:57 PM, Poutine said:

I despise musicals 

There is no question to Gagas talent, she is a top tier musician and will probably more than excel, but I just can't stand musicals 

Technically, the Blues Brothers is a musical.

You mean to tell me that you cannot stand the Blues Brothers?