• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your Top 3 Personal Comic Book/Original Art Acquisitions of 2019!
7 7

168 posts in this topic

On 12/7/2019 at 2:55 PM, Buzzetta said:

I kept it pretty low key compared to the last few years. 

Picked up some mid grade sci fi ECs and a couple of pages of art.  However, the Robin Williams cel was the most gratifying pickup of the year and I have not picked up any Timely hero books in awhile.  The runner up for this was a page from the Marvel Transformers series I got my hands on... but we said three. 

Back to Neverland Cel.jpeg

This is a great cel! I remember seeing this cartoon at Disney World many times in the Animation Art area of Hollywood (Disney/MGM) Studios. Robin Williams and Walter Cronkite. :luhv:

On 12/8/2019 at 3:46 PM, 90sChild said:

That suspense comics #3 cover looks like something out of Indiana Jones, but almost 40 years earlier.  Very cool.

Well, that may be a little less amazing by virtue of the fact that Indy was set 40 years before it came out

Wut. 

8 hours ago, Badger said:

This is a great cel! I remember seeing this cartoon at Disney World many times in the Animation Art area of Hollywood (Disney/MGM) Studios. Robin Williams and Walter Cronkite. :luhv:

I was genuinely heartbroken when I heard of his passing:

to this day when I want to laugh I go down a YouTube rabbit hole of Williams or Rickles 

34 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

Man there are alot of big dogs in this place.  I am amazed at the books around here, you guys are truly inspirational.  I dont see any other message boards holding a candle to the quality of books like we have here. (worship)

On 12/15/2019 at 12:41 AM, Readcomix said:

I went back and forth on this, revisiting my honorable mentions as I kind of would like to pick three different titles, but I can't kick either of these original owner Batmans out of the top 3.

IMG_2589.JPG

IMG_2587.JPG

IMG_1829.JPG

:applause:Great pickups, congrats!

@Cat-Man_America usually posts a similar annual in the Gold Forum.

Will get around to posting my 3 this week ..

Great acquisitions everyone!