• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mcfarlane Signing Return Times

13 posts in this topic

Hi all, like most of u I submitted books for Todd to sign and since he released his video today saying first week in January I was wondering how this will effect return times. Should we now expect them mid February to early March? Do u think with this lapse in time CGC will press some of the submissions to save time or will they just wait until he signs them all? Lastly I was wondering if I’m going to get a Cgc order number like my online submissions or something clickable under my submission page to see the books I submitted, have any of u received that yet? I guess I just want to know my books r safe and good to go, they did take my money already so to me it’s just weird. I thought I’d get the Cgc order number by now. 

1 minute ago, hachimaull said:

Hi all, like most of u I submitted books for Todd to sign and since he released his video today saying first week in January I was wondering how this will effect return times. Should we now expect them mid February to early March? Do u think with this lapse in time CGC will press some of the submissions to save time or will they just wait until he signs them all? Lastly I was wondering if I’m going to get a Cgc order number like my online submissions or something clickable under my submission page to see the books I submitted, have any of u received that yet? I guess I just want to know my books r safe and good to go, they did take my money already so to me it’s just weird. I thought I’d get the Cgc order number by now. 

..... I assume that cgc will stick to the 3 week unpressed tat and 6 weeks pressed, as advertised, once the signing happens....

I would assume  :)

a week to sign all the books as mcfarlane said may add a week to those tat's

8 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

..... I assume that cgc will stick to the 3 week unpressed tat and 6 weeks pressed, as advertised, once the signing happens....

I would assume  :)

a week to sign all the books as mcfarlane said may add a week to those tat's

Yeah I mean I was assuming I’d get them around February 3rd To begin with so now I’m thinking March 2nd which isn’t a big deal to me. I’m more worried that he signs my stuff, I mean I did pay a lot of money 😅 

Cgc does have some time between now and then even with the holidays so maybe I’m just crazy for thinking that they would press some in the meantime. 

6 minutes ago, hachimaull said:

Yeah I mean I was assuming I’d get them around February 3rd To begin with so now I’m thinking March 2nd which isn’t a big deal to me. I’m more worried that he signs my stuff, I mean I did pay a lot of money 😅 

Cgc does have some time between now and then even with the holidays so maybe I’m just crazy for thinking that they would press some in the meantime. 

I think normally the comic is pressed after signature, because of any "handling" during that process. Or that's what I've seen at cons, pay for a witnessed sig, submit to cgc, and at cgc they press and grade...

I realize Todd doesn't do signature series at cons, but I assume that cgc will handle this in the same kind of fashion.... :)

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

10 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I think normally the comic is pressed after signature, because of any "handling" during that process. Or that's what I've seen at cons, pay for a witnessed sig, submit to cgc, and at cgc they press and grade...

I realize Todd doesn't do signature series at cons, but I assume that cgc will handle this in the same kind of fashion.... :)

Sure does make sense. 

3 minutes ago, hachimaull said:

For everyone who may read this and wonder if u will get order updates or a clickable link under ur Mcfarlane submission. 

i called CGC today and the guy said we will get an order number and everything after Todd signs the books. 

You "could" be posting this, in this thread.... just cause we've been discussing, I'm sure that TAT's deserve it's own thread, but idk, more people have looked at the other :foryou: 

15 hours ago, hachimaull said:

I believe books should all stay fast track, as CGC would love to get all those books out fairly quickly. January is there usual time to catch up, so i can't see why anyone won't get there books back in a timely fashion. As far as clickable to see your books, that will happen when the books go to Schedule for Grading.

Regarding the pressing service. I submitted pretty early and my card was already charged for the pressing service. I assume that to mean it was pressed prior to signing. I have a sneaky (unfounded) suspicion that some books were being pressed prior to keep up with the sheer volumes of books being submitted for this and still be able to hit the promised window. I could be completely wrong but I looked through all my submissions and the dollar amount charged to my card only lined up with the pressing service for this signing.

7 hours ago, Jasten said:

Regarding the pressing service. I submitted pretty early and my card was already charged for the pressing service. I assume that to mean it was pressed prior to signing. I have a sneaky (unfounded) suspicion that some books were being pressed prior to keep up with the sheer volumes of books being submitted for this and still be able to hit the promised window. I could be completely wrong but I looked through all my submissions and the dollar amount charged to my card only lined up with the pressing service for this signing.

I was charged last week for both pressing and the signing/grading. So I don’t know If they will press them early. I just know they took all my money but I was  $100 short on the day they charged me so I had to pay the rest the next day. If they didn’t charge u for everything U might want to get ahold of them bud and check up. 

8 hours ago, Dmac538 said:

I believe books should all stay fast track, as CGC would love to get all those books out fairly quickly. January is there usual time to catch up, so i can't see why anyone won't get there books back in a timely fashion. As far as clickable to see your books, that will happen when the books go to Schedule for Grading.

Eh I’m just worried. I’ve had a couple of these books since they were new on the shelf, in fact one comic I sent was the first comic I ever owned. So I could buy another but it won’t mean as much to me, u know? 

id love to get these back before February like I initially planned for but they did say 6 weeks. we can only hope! :wishluck:

On 12/18/2019 at 8:15 PM, hachimaull said:

I'd love to get these back before February like I initially planned for but they did say 6 weeks. we can only hope! :wishluck:

Plan on March... that way you wont be disappointed when they actually come back in March, and you can be happy IF they come back in February.