• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

For any further suggestions about the Overstreet Guide...

54 posts in this topic

There will indeed be BLBs in the museum in the proportion that they require and deserve, and this will be about representing all aspects and manifestations of pop culture to explore the world of entertainment in all media, not just those that one individual thinks is valid and not because of any perceived value of any item in some market somewhere. This is about history and happiness, not buying, selling, and petty jabs. smile.gif

Well,.....alrighty then! flowerred.gifhi.gif

gossip.gif Does that mean Victorian books too?!? shy.gif

27_laughing.gif You'll here the wind whistling in that corridor.

j/k Arnold. stooges.gif

Just wait until the day when someone points to '60s-'80s comics and says, "Why do you even bother? Nobody cares about *that* stuff!" It's the curse of history...

Hey now, I'm spending the next two years of my life making precious little dough and writing a dissertation about seveteenth century occultism. I'm all for history that nobody else cares about. thumbsup2.gif

Just wait until the day when someone points to '60s-'80s comics and says, "Why do you even bother? Nobody cares about *that* stuff!" It's the curse of history...

Hey now, I'm spending the next two years of my life making precious little dough and writing a dissertation about seveteenth century occultism. I'm all for history that nobody else cares about. thumbsup2.gif

They will care when demon lord bathtubzabud come back to earth

Nope, never took any suggestions except for all the ones we did take and implemented, and all the hundreds of documented corrections sent in by people on this forum and others that we took care of in only the last two years alone, and we also totally ignored all those letters and e-mails and phone calls that shaped our Ages articles and made us change our minds on a few points and immeasurably helped us to offer a more cohesive and cooperative view on comic book history. Nope, never did any of that.

And the BLBs stay.

But I should point out, as I have on many other occasions despite no one apparently believing me, that it was never my decision to put the BLBs in - that happened much higher than me - nor is it my decision anymore to leave them in. They're there because that's the way it is. It was never to do with me. On the other hand, I never disagreed with putting them in and see no problem having them there.

I wrote the BLB book, which I enjoyed a great deal, not out of even the slightest personal interest in BLBs, but because I gratefully accepted the assignment as a research challenge and I wanted to do the subject justice. I've owned two BLBs in my entire life and have no interest in collecting them. But I do like presenting collectible topics with passion and accuracy and helping to illuminate aspects of our history, and that's why I did the book.

Is any of that clearer now, or will I have to listen to a million more posts asking why I put the BLBs in the comic Guide? smile.gif