• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sony's KRAVEN THE HUNTER starring Aaron Taylor-Johnson (2023)
2 2

174 posts in this topic

If you watch that trailer without bias or knowing about all the massive missteps by Sony comic movies recently, it looks absolutely fantastic.  John Wick vibes with all the killing and action.  Comic accurate Kraven:applause:.

***Then I remind myself it is a Sony movie and that feeling of optimism gets tampered down

On 8/14/2024 at 3:59 PM, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

If you watch that trailer without bias or knowing about all the massive missteps by Sony comic movies recently, it looks absolutely fantastic.  John Wick vibes with all the killing and action.  Comic accurate Kraven:applause:.

***Then I remind myself it is a Sony movie and that feeling of optimism gets tampered down

I agree. But I am hoping Sony taking losses with standalone films it is getting beat up by investors. So somehow (praying) it is learning a lesson.

With that, I like this trailer.

On 8/14/2024 at 4:11 PM, Bosco685 said:

I agree. But I am hoping Sony taking losses with standalone films it is getting beat up by investors. So somehow (praying) it is learning a lesson.

With that, I like this trailer.

You know... 

Supposedly the following are included in what is becoming known as the Sony Spider-man Universe with most media outlets claiming that Kraven will be the sixth installment in this universe:

1. Venom 1
  2. Venom 2
  3. Morbius 
  4. Madame Web
  5. Venom 3
  6. Kraven

Beyond the Spider-verse and Across the Spider-verse are animated features related.

So if this is the Sony Spider-man Universe... does that mean that we will see live action Miles Morales soon?    I would not mind that actually.   Let Tom Holland do his thing over in the MCU and let Miles run crazy amongst all the villains. 

If no Miles, does that mean that Sony is gearing up for a replacement to Tom Holland when he ages out or the contracts can no longer be negotiated?

On 8/14/2024 at 4:33 PM, Buzzetta said:

You know... 

Supposedly the following are included in what is becoming known as the Sony Spider-man Universe with most media outlets claiming that Kraven will be the sixth installment in this universe:

1. Venom 1
  2. Venom 2
  3. Morbius 
  4. Madame Web
  5. Venom 3
  6. Kraven

Beyond the Spider-verse and Across the Spider-verse are animated features related.

So if this is the Sony Spider-man Universe... does that mean that we will see live action Miles Morales soon?    I would not mind that actually.   Let Tom Holland do his thing over in the MCU and let Miles run crazy amongst all the villains. 

If no Miles, does that mean that Sony is gearing up for a replacement to Tom Holland when he ages out or the contracts can no longer be negotiated?

Amy Pascal said a few months back they are working on Miles Morales

I was hoping for a bit more, but it wasn't terrible.  I thought Kraven would make a better good guy than Heel.  I'd hoped he joined the Defenders, back in the day.

Edited by shadroch

On 8/14/2024 at 2:34 PM, chezmtghut said:

There may actually be some hope for this franchise! Finally a decent looking Rhino, just wish they went a similar route with the Vulture because I wasn't happy with those huge mechanical wings.

So there was talk about the GI Joe equivalent over in some of the GI Joe chats I am in. Hasbro revealed their upcoming Raptor figure for the classified line.  Now, Raptor was a goofy looking figure 37 years ago (gawd has it been that long?) with a plastic cape to emulate feathers on the figure.  The packaging art back in 1987 called him a Falconer and showed him dressed like, you guessed it, a giant falcon.  Hama was forced to include him somehow in the comic and he debuts in issue 59 and... it did not translate well to any story. 

I like the modern version of Vulture to be honest rather than an a guy that looks like Captain Picard dressed up like a bird.  The modern version with the tech has more menace to it than the birdsuit in my opinion. 

1987 Raptor vs 2024 Raptor - I included the package art because toy sculpting has come a long way in 34 years so I wanted to show how the original designers envisioned him.  The 2024, with the tech wings?  It made a goofy figure relevant again. 

raptor-v2-500x761_orig.jpg.4e60dca2090007b961af6b37a924a0e5.jpge1cefabf99f574f3916c6560b648c893_1920_KR.thumb.jpg.2b743be1836f1dd4866de0caccf5d0e9.jpg

Edited by Buzzetta

On 8/14/2024 at 6:48 PM, Buzzetta said:

So there was talk about the GI Joe equivalent over in some of the GI Joe chats I am in. Hasbro revealed their upcoming Raptor figure for the classified line.  Now, Raptor was a goofy looking figure 37 years ago (gawd has it been that long?) with a plastic cape to emulate feathers on the figure.  The packaging art back in 1987 called him a Falconer and showed him dressed like, you guessed it, a giant falcon.  Hama was forced to include him somehow in the comic and he debuts in issue 59 and... it did not translate well to any story. 

I like the modern version of Vulture to be honest rather than an a guy that looks like Captain Picard dressed up like a bird.  The modern version with the tech has more menace to it than the birdsuit in my opinion. 

1987 Raptor vs 2024 Raptor - I included the package art because toy sculpting has come a long way in 34 years so I wanted to show how the original designers envisioned him.  The 2024, with the tech wings?  It made a goofy figure relevant again. 

raptor-v2-500x761_orig.jpg.4e60dca2090007b961af6b37a924a0e5.jpge1cefabf99f574f3916c6560b648c893_1920_KR.thumb.jpg.2b743be1836f1dd4866de0caccf5d0e9.jpg

IMG_3685.thumb.jpeg.6b3600564194c198e8a50b0a48163fcc.jpeg

I liked that the Vulture discovered antigravity by harnessing the power of magnetism & that Spider-Man defeated him using an antimagnetic inverter. I think they could have made the wings look much better than they did. The MCU did much better with Falcon’s wings in my opinion. 

Rhino's face looks a bit wonky but could just be how the CGI looks in motion when you freeze frame.

Overall it looks like removing all the spider-man references that were in the original teaser last year and (rumored) re-editing the movie again after Madame Webs failure was for the best (and a focused Noir/Thriller style director)

That second trailer sold me. Now I want to see it. It really does look great, and exactly what I'd expect from a Kraven solo movie.

I could see a sequel where Spidey gets into the act being similar to the vibe in the Spider-Man vs Wolverine comic. Spidey realizes that even though he tries to joke around that the guy is seriously trying to kill him and rip his guts out...so he'd better start taking things more seriously, fast.