• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what,s # 1 on your wish list or grail you hope to buy

75 posts in this topic

Thanks for posting. It looks so good in person I never would have imagined! Of course, when you've been on the quest for so long it's kind of overwhelming to attain. I know most people don't give a rat's patooty about this kind of thing, but to me it's a little slice o' heaven. hi.gif

dan kudos on the nice painting. very sharp. i bet it looks good framed. larry ;]

ps. i just had a thought. i have seen any of the marvel doc savage art on the market in a long time. i wonder what happened to the stuff. and did steranko do the cover for issue # 1 ? larry ;]

dan kudos on the nice painting. very sharp. i bet it looks good framed. larry ;]

ps. i just had a thought. i have seen any of the marvel doc savage art on the market in a long time. i wonder what happened to the stuff. and did steranko do the cover for issue # 1 ? larry ;]

No, I think you are thinking of the comic book instead of the magazine. Steranko did the cover to issue #3. I was the underbidder on that one last time it came up for auction- could kick myself! The number 1 is by John Buscema. I sold that one a few months ago to Bill Thomson. DF

Unrealistically . . .

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN # 18 cover by Steve Ditko cloud9.gif

STRANGE TALES # 137 cover by John Severin cloud9.gif

Unlikely, but you never know . . .

WEIRD SCIENCE # 20 cover by Wally Wood

TALES FROM THE CRYPT # 23 cover by Al Feldstein

TWO-FISTED TALES # 28 cover by Harvey Kurtzman

CRIME SUSPENSTORIES # 23 cover by George Evans

SHOCK SUSPENSTORIES # 6 cover by Wally Wood

MAD # 7 cover by Harvey Kurtzman

CRIME PATROL # 8 cover by Johnny Craig

SADDLE ROMANCES # 10 cover by Al Feldstein

My CAF Galleries at:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=1865

My grail would be the cover to Fables 1. Fables is my favorite current title by a long shot, and James Jean is easily my favorite artist...it isn't even close. The more Fables and/or jj art I get, the more I want...and I've recently come to the realization that I'd get rid of all of my non-Fables, non-JJ art to acquire more Fab/JJ goodness. I can appreciate and enjoy art from everone else, but it's this art that I want to look at every day.

My BIG DREAM would be to complete Fables 1 (cover and interiors). I'm lucky enough at this point to have 12 interior pages. I know where another interior page is, but the owner apparently never trades a thing, so that'll be tough to say the least. I know where the cover is, but the owner isn't budging on that one, either. Hopefully patience and persistence will pay off.

My other little grails would be the covers to Fables 4, Fables 18, Fables: Last Castle...but I don't know where any of those are. And, bucking the trend, a nice Sienkiewicz Elektra painting. They make me drool. I wonder, though, if I had one whether or not it would become trade bait just like everything else.

Court