• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Allentown thread...
4 4

147 posts in this topic

On 1/4/2022 at 12:56 PM, buttock said:

I hate when someone creams on my label. 

To each their own...

On 1/4/2022 at 10:56 AM, buttock said:

I hate when someone creams on my label. 

I once owned a 9.6 AF 15 with white pages. An hour after I got home from the Rexall Drug store it had Butterfinger and Coke stains on it. If only I had known better.

On 1/4/2022 at 4:58 PM, szav said:

Back in the mid 80s a friend of mine got grounded for a weekend for breaking in to his dad’s closet, reading and spilling red Kool-Aid all over his ASM #1.

I’ve been hoping to come across that copy at some point but never have.  I Wonder how long a kid would be grounded for for the same thing nowadays?

more like skinned than grounded :bigsmile:

On 4/19/2022 at 2:42 PM, RareHighGrade said:

Looking at the  Allentown list that Lou linked to a few pages back, I wonder where the Tec #31 and #35 ended up?  I've never heard anyone claim to know where they are.  The Dentist?

Eric Roberts has the 31 (9.6). That is wrong. He has the 29.

I believe that Metropolis has the 31 - or knows its location.

Edited by MrBedrock

On 1/4/2022 at 4:58 PM, szav said:

Back in the mid 80s a friend of mine got grounded for a weekend for breaking in to his dad’s closet, reading and spilling red Kool-Aid all over his ASM #1.

I’ve been hoping to come across that copy at some point but never have.  I Wonder how long a kid would be grounded for for the same thing nowadays?

More like you'd read about it in the papers. Under crime.

On 4/20/2022 at 4:21 AM, Microchip said:

image.thumb.png.5decb1c3018aa35e69ed2551512978f6.png

https://itsalljustcomics.com/100000-club/

$57,000 was huge cheese back in 1998.

image.thumb.png.445cbf6eb53c8c279db601a0aad73851.png

I think I'd get a second job before I would sell that. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Posted (edited)

:bump:

After more than 2+ long years, figured this was an appropriate time to give this thread a much deserved bump considering the long awaited sale of a key Allentown book in the just completed CC Event Auction:  :luhv:

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/1040393

won1-37.jpg

Needless to say and not a real suprise, but sold for a rather stupendous $89,700 or at a very un-Promise like ROI of more than a 4+ bagger considering it had sold for only $19,200 in its original go round in the Jon Berk Auction back in 2017.  :jawdrop:  

Especially nice to see that it was able to achieve this result without having to go though the usual CPR process that seems so often to be the current flavor of the day, and even more so, with the label denoting a "very minor amount of color touch on cover". :applause: 

Makes me wonder if the winning bid was by a fellow boardie like @action1kid who had expressed a lot of interest in recent posts here in acquiring some key Allentown books should they ever hit the public marketplace?  hm  (shrug)

Edited by lou_fine