• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your money/tradeables at Cons
2 2

99 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

That's right I forgot , you like em thick dont ya kav.🎯

Yours was just fine.  they dont always gotta be thick.

17 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

That group of books sure gets my juices flowing.🥰

It gets my hive humming.

6 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I saw a ASM 300 at the last show (book is pretty common) for $2600 CDN (check currency exchange) and he would go down to $2450 might circle back for that 

Its the most popular book at any larger show. You can negotiate a good price especially on a Sunday.

Edited by fastballspecial

14 hours ago, Ryan. said:

I only trade with dealers I know well. I've been on the losing end of trades, and on the winning end, and everywhere in between. I find trading more fun than just handing money over. 

To piggy back off this a bit, I also only trade with dealers I know well.  Usually an easy transaction with little back and forth.  I’m realistic in what value I can get and they are fair with their pricing.  That being said, most of the time, straight cash homie.

5 minutes ago, FoggyNelson said:

It cost so much to get into a show that I would just rather spend $30 on a mag from EBay these days 🤔🤔🤔

Depends on whether you view shows as strictly venues to purchase comics or social gatherings that also happen to have comics. 

51 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

Depends on whether you view shows as strictly venues to purchase comics or social gatherings that also happen to have comics. 

This is a good point because my GF is coming with me, and I have yet to convince her to start buying comics but I hope she enjoys this experience.

On 2/28/2020 at 6:25 PM, kav said:

I like to go to cons and trade cash for cash.

:whatthe::fear:yikes dont mess with Kav if that's the "type" of business he is into....

giphy.gif

On 2/28/2020 at 5:44 PM, Buzzetta said:

I suck at trades though.  I would always second guess myself and would never be at ease. 

I feel the exact same way.. never done trades but have been thinking of using my double copies as trade material but then I always will second guess myself and never be at ease... :ohnoez: