• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your money/tradeables at Cons
2 2

99 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, BaronSamedi said:

I don't think he believes you take 70K to a show...you should prove it to him by posting a few of your recent buys

(shrug)

I'm not here to impress anyone.

I don't have any recent big comic buys, anyways. Been into the small arms race, lately.

26 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

(shrug)

I'm not here to impress anyone.

I don't have any recent big comic buys, anyways. Been into the small arms race, lately.

hey its the motion in the ocean, not the size of the ship... right..riiight… damnit.. 

giphy.gif

15 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Can't remember the last single ship I bought, either. Been buying fleets (TPBs).

better hope CGC makes a large case to hold those TPB's so you can resell them later with a grade :roflmao:

Dear boardies, please share with me the amount of money you like to bring to shows, along with your convention schedule, a recent photograph, and which pocket you keep your wallet in. This is for, uh, the census. Yeah, the census. I'm a census taker. This is important government business, so don't screw it up.

As for trades, I don't dig 'em. Usually anyone trying to trade with me is trying to get rid of some carp they couldn't sell in order to get something better. And on the couple of occasions I was the one initiating the trade, it was ME who had the unsellable carp they were trying to upgrade. Better to just sell your dead stock on the cheap beforehand to have cash in hand. At a show, cash talks. It can be difficult to negotiate once you introduce credit cards, trade credits, etc. Cash straight up, make a fair offer, you usually get the book you want at a price you can live with.

On 2/28/2020 at 7:07 PM, Ryan. said:

I've gone to cons and spent nothing and I've gone and spent thousands. It all depends on what I find. So this analogy doesn't really work for me. 

Ditto.   Last Con I went to, had over $1K, didn't even spend a full $100 bill.  Nothing in my wheel house grabbed my attention. 

I like to go to con with suitcase full of money and ask dealer whats the most you can sell this for.