• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A thread for reholders...

20 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Artboy99 said:

have seen some recent holders with the book spacers causing damage to books inside the inner well. The books can move around inside the inner wells and the cover gets cut by the spacer.

Maybe we can get @thehumantorch

to post a picture of his

Sounds like it's time for another installment of...   :whatthe:

What's     12267693998110.png

Edited by Cat-Man_America
I need a drink! ;0)

3 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

why don't we clutter up this thread with books that have already been posted but are now in shiny new holders...

Weren't you the one that was having a cracking party a few months ago to show us all of the books which you had released from their emtombed slab holders?  hm

3 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

(Really just a glorified opportunity to up your post counts!)

Most definitely if you are going to have a cracking party thread  followed by a reholdering party thread, and then go through the same rinse and repeat cycle all opver again.  (thumbsu lol

2 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Weren't you the one that was having a cracking party a few months ago to show us all of the books which you had released from their emtombed slab holders?  hm

Most definitely if you are going to have a cracking party thread  followed by a reholdering party thread, and then go through the same rinse and repeat cycle all opver again.  (thumbsu lol

For the most part the books I have been posting are not books that have been cracked out and regraded, just simply put in a new holder. I have certainly cracked a ton of stuff out. Going forward anything that I post that is pictured in an old holder is probably raw.

3 hours ago, Cat-Man_America said:

Sounds like it's time for another installment of...   :whatthe:

What's     12267693998110.png

my own book has the same spacer inside the holder. It is significantly pinching the book to hold it in place but the book does move inside the inner well. While my book doesnt have any damage @thehumantorch has a different experience.

Edited by Artboy99

25 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

I would rather see cracked, empty slabs with their labels still visable so we can celebrate all the cool books that have been liberated for our enjoyment. 

This hobby has something for everyone! (thumbsu

54 minutes ago, N e r V said:

I really like the new ped labels. I think CGC hit a HR with them...

Did CGC ever make up their mind on the final version of the pedigree labels?  ???

I've seen some with this black and silver two-tone color combination and then I see others with the black and gold two-tone color combination.  (shrug)

56 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Did CGC ever make up their mind on the final version of the pedigree labels?  ???

I've seen some with this black and silver two-tone color combination and then I see others with the black and gold two-tone color combination.  (shrug)

33 minutes ago, Dr. Love said:

The first post is the final version

Pedigree Label (Gold)

This label is applied to any comic book that is part of a CGC recognized pedigree collection.

451A4809-350C-428A-A9F8-2F984220EF03.thumb.jpeg.bdf519918f63ba7852ce31d2cf5001b9.jpeg

Edited by N e r V

10 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

For the most part the books I have been posting are not books that have been cracked out and regraded, just simply put in a new holder. I have certainly cracked a ton of stuff out. Going forward anything that I post that is pictured in an old holder is probably raw.

I like the look of the new GOLD pedigree label ...except for the OVERSIZED neon grade box which I've never liked... as you tactfully reminded me in another thread.  Your books are just darned pretty raw or slabbed.  

Naturally, the concern noted by Artboy66 about spacers and loose books in new holders being damaged is troubling.