• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Men's adventure mags! Six Left; Visual Recap pg. 17
3 3

324 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

And because you've all been wondering about the sexpot and the cabbie...

Man's Magazine, July 1965. GVG with staining upper left; compare to sole eBay copy. $20

image.jpeg

what is the "They Dive-Bomb Brush Fires" about?

:news: SOLD! Real Men, June 1963. VG/FN. Nazi lingerie cover; The Prossies of Joy Street, Pain for Sale, Sex Swap for Brand New Kicks! (About how 1 in 10 married women are looking for bachelors for discreet fun.) One of the better covers in the run. $40

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix

Just now, Readcomix said:

Real Men, June 1963. VG/FN. Nazi lingerie cover; The Prossies of Joy Street, Pain for Sale, Sex Swap for Brand New Kicks! (About how 1 in 10 married women are looking for bachelors for discreet fun.) One of the better covers in the run. $40

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Take

11 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

It's about the guys who fly air tankers to try to put out California brush fires. Will take and send pix if you like.

I looked at the interior shots on the eBay one.  It looks like horsesh*t stories.

I bought this one off eBay, and they kind of put the smokejumper story out there as truth, and it is all bullsh*t.

image.png.740ccb47a99d4aa64f3c167e4c33eeda.png

14 minutes ago, Randall Dowling said:

:nyah: How ya doin’, Mike? 

I'm not sure.  What have you heard? :whistle:

Just now, lizards2 said:

I looked at the interior shots on the eBay one.  It looks like horsesh*t stories.

I bought this one off eBay, and they kind of put the smokejumper story out there as truth, and it is all bullsh*t.

image.png.740ccb47a99d4aa64f3c167e4c33eeda.png

Yeah, these mags seem to specialize in lurid, dramatized thin gruel, if I may mix metaphors. They are about sweet covers, over the top headlines, laughable stories, and classic cheesecake, to generalize. Fun stuff, but probably not mind-broadening.

1 minute ago, lizards2 said:

What??!!  I’m not so sure about that.  Most of these headlines ring true to me...  “the harrowing escape of an American pilot from a commie torture chamber”...  I think that actually happened!