• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Men's adventure mags! Six Left; Visual Recap pg. 17
3 3

324 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

Comps are brutal on these; tough to find in any grade.

Everything you’ve stated is completely correct.  These are completely under the radar right now and, generally, ridiculously tough to find in higher grades.  Anything above fine is high grade for these and the closest comic comparison is golden age books where there are particular issues you may not see for sale again in the next few years.

My recommendation- buy them while they’re cheap now, VG copies are very desirable.

1 minute ago, Randall Dowling said:

Everything you’ve stated is completely correct.  These are completely under the radar right now and, generally, ridiculously tough to find in higher grades.  Anything above fine is high grade for these and the closest comic comparison is golden age books where there are particular issues you may not see for sale again in the next few years.

My recommendation- buy them while they’re cheap now, VG copies are very desirable.

Thank you Randall; I've gleaned a lot from that thread, from you, lbcolefan, and a few others. Happy to share these here, but it is maddening trying to ascertain fair pricing. I'd love to find a book on the history of these!

1 minute ago, Readcomix said:

Thank you Randall; I've gleaned a lot from that thread, from you, lbcolefan, and a few others. Happy to share these here, but it is maddening trying to ascertain fair pricing. I'd love to find a book on the history of these!

lbcolefan’s collection is ridiculous.  Good luck finding individual issues in that grade let alone an entire collection.  His collection is really a pedigree like the Church books in comics.  

Here’s a great reference for anyone that’s interested:

https://www.amazon.com/Its-Mans-World-Adventure-Magazines/dp/1627310118

Just now, Randall Dowling said:

lbcolefan’s collection is ridiculous.  Good luck finding individual issues in that grade let alone an entire collection.  His collection is really a pedigree like the Church books in comics.  

Here’s a great reference for anyone that’s interested:

https://www.amazon.com/Its-Mans-World-Adventure-Magazines/dp/1627310118

His collection was a single find, correct? But he did not get all of it? Am I recalling correctly?