• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Detective Comics Thread
5 5

4,430 posts in this topic

I hope you don't feel any regret- you have an unrestored tec31! We have all overpaid for books from time to time; if you have overpaid it is not by much. Don't let your buyer's remorse get to you. Enjoy it!

jason

Hey Jason! Where the heck have you been? :hi:

Fish,

I think you did pretty good whether you restore it or not. I really liked that book and the cover was very attractive, but I just couldn't keep it based on all the cash and trade (I miss my Action 13 :eek: ) I had into the book, so, thankfully, I was able to recoup 80% of my losses.

Enjoy the book! (thumbs u

PT

Its definetely a temptation.

Currently half are slabbed and half not.

The slabbed copies are kid proof though (proud farther of a 5 yr old girl who loves comics and a 2 moth old boy).

Thanks guys - have tried to keep my collection narrowly focused but the longer I'm in this forum the more difficult it becomes.

Seriously? You're collecting early Detectives! Nothing else comes close. You're living the dream! (thumbs u

Awesome group of TECs 1koko. (thumbs u What's the specs on the #31? (grade, page quality)

There's a 5.0 in the current Heritage Signature auction. It will be interesting to see wht it sells for.

I'm guessing 19k! Its a pretty weak 5.0 in my opinion (shrug)

I agree to that! Looks more like a 4.0 to me in my opinion. What bothers me most about the book is the writing on the front cover. Will definitely keep on a lookout on that book.

Awesome group of TECs 1koko. (thumbs u What's the specs on the #31? (grade, page quality)

There's a 5.0 in the current Heritage Signature auction. It will be interesting to see wht it sells for.

It's a 5.0 OWW pages - small piece of tape on cover.

Used to be Rick's (thumbs u

Traded him my MP 8.0 plus cash.

Tough question - I'm of the view that once a comic goes over $15k a sale price has a lot of volatility. I think it will go for anywhere between $17-22k.

Thanks guys - have tried to keep my collection narrowly focused but the longer I'm in this forum the more difficult it becomes.

Seriously? You're collecting early Detectives! Nothing else comes close. You're living the dream! (thumbs u

My comic universe has been so expanded by my time here. Timelys and DC were always a given but Centaurs and Nedors have opened my eyes to a breadth of comics I had never contemplated.

Doesn't a board member (forgot his CGC handle?) named Jason own this 5.0 copy that was listed on Comicconnect? Its been delisted so I hope he doesn't mind me posting it here.

tec31CGC50cc.jpg[/img]