• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Detective Comics Thread
5 5

4,430 posts in this topic

Question, whats the big deal about a TEC 8 ? Being considered a classic cover ? I dont think so by a long shot. There are so many better pre-hero covers than the 8. Id say 7 is better, so is 9, so is the 12, 14, 15, 18, 20, 22, 25, 26. And yet they consider the 8 a classic? I would take a poll on this....

John, my copy looks "classic" :cool:

crop.jpg

Edited by Primetime

Hey Ben, Im not bashing (its still a nice cover), but I only believe that there are better covers to early Tecs. Why did this one get a classic cover note and not say a 7 ? Who determines this?

No worries :foryou:. I actually like the 18 better than the 8...not sure why/how the 8 got the desired "classic" label by Overstreet...

Hey Ben, Im not bashing (its still a nice cover), but I only believe that there are better covers to early Tecs. Why did this one get a classic cover note and not say a 7 ? Who determines this?

No worries :foryou:. I actually like the 18 better than the 8...not sure why/how the 8 got the desired "classic" label by Overstreet...

I have been wondering that for a while. I wonder what else Overstreet has forgot?

When will Dc reprint these early Tecs so we can read the stories?
they have been in reprint for years and years! in both paperback and dc archive HC (Thumbs u

The pre-hero issues of TEC 1-26 have been in re-prints? I did not know that. I always looked for the Archives to have a pre-hero hard volume.

I only read "early"... didn't take that as pre hero... that, i am not sure...good question

I haven't noticed any new DC Archive editions of Golden Age material in many months (with the possible exception of Spirit stuff), and I'm always on the lookout for that stuff. They were doing a new GA volume of SOMETHING nearly every month for awhile there.

However, slightly offtopic -- someone on the Ditko/Kirby yahoo group pointed out something I know many of us have long been waiting for -- there's a reprint volume of the Simon & Kirby Sandman stuff on Amazon now, labeled as being available around June 2009.

Based on the price of that, it's not an Archive (cheaper I think), but in any case I'm hoping this means they've decided what they're doing and getting back into collecting their GA material again.

Marvel on the other hand is reprinting everything. Cant wait till they get to Mystic , Young allies and some other forgotten titles like Blond Phantom....

But DC , they have so many titles to cover from the 1930s alone

Marvel on the other hand is reprinting everything. Cant wait till they get to Mystic , Young allies and some other forgotten titles like Blond Phantom....

But DC , they have so many titles to cover from the 1930s alone

I suspect DC doesn't have those issues in their archive to reprint (shrug)

So we might never be able to read the pre-hero stuff then.... thats too bad. What were they thinking. All those cool Tec stories from 1-26 will never be available then.
just buy single issues of tec 1-26...problem solved!

loldoh!

(As an aside, Detective Comics 1 was put out as a single-issue reprint some time ago. I don't think reading it will send you racing out to find the other issues, but it's a fun read.)