• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Detective Comics Thread
5 5

4,430 posts in this topic

Thanks a lot guys for the kind comments. This book was in Brent's recent auctions. (It was actually a CFO copy... but sneaky me, I had a nice centerfold from another copy all ready to go.) ;)

The Batman story inside probably won't win any plotting awards, but it's a real hoot, and I love the primitive early art.

I kinda feel like a sheep for admitting it, but the recent Dark Knight movie really rekindled my interest in the early Batman books. In the last few months, I've been picking up quite a few nice Batbooks (this one definitely being the highlight) when circumstance and budget have allowed.

Attaboy Jon :applause:

So we might never be able to read the pre-hero stuff then.... thats too bad. What were they thinking. All those cool Tec stories from 1-26 will never be available then.
just buy single issues of tec 1-26...problem solved!

hm - how much should I charge DC?

They will be at your feet.

....I don't care as long as I get first shot at Tec 1-3 and 8 :cloud9:

hm

If I was to sell (a highly uunlikely scenario) the #3 I'm duty bound to offer it to RareHighGrade first.

is it safe to assume that i get first dibs at the #2? :baiting:

So we might never be able to read the pre-hero stuff then.... thats too bad. What were they thinking. All those cool Tec stories from 1-26 will never be available then.
just buy single issues of tec 1-26...problem solved!

hm - how much should I charge DC?

They will be at your feet.

....I don't care as long as I get first shot at Tec 1-3 and 8 :cloud9:

hm

If I was to sell (a highly uunlikely scenario) the #3 I'm duty bound to offer it to RareHighGrade first.

is it safe to assume that i get first dibs at the #2? :baiting:

lol

Since I haven't seen this thread for a long time, I decided to bring it back as this was my favorite thread (being a Batman collector of course). I just got these books in today..

The first is a Tec 48 Double Cover (definitely one of a kind as this is the only early Tec book I know with a double cover; 3 highest graded). Also this book came from an OO collection. I bought this book together with a Human Torch 5 and a Hit Comics #5 which I sold already. There were some early Actions in that collection which I didn't buy

Picture237.jpg

Tec 66 with bone white pages!

Picture244.jpg

Edited by Dark Knight

Since I haven't seen this thread for a long time, I decided to bring it back as this was my favorite thread (being a Batman collector of course). I just got these books in today..

The first is a Tec 48 Double Cover (definitely one of a kind as this is the only early Tec book I know with a double cover; 3 highest graded). Also this book came from an OO collection. I bought this book together with a Human Torch 5 and a Hit Comics #5 which I sold already. There were some early Actions in that collection which I didn't buy

Picture237.jpg

Tec 66 with bone white pages!

Picture244.jpg

nice

Double cover! :o

You might want to post this in the General Forum Double Cover thread. I'm sure you get more than a few surprised looks.

Picture237.jpg

You might want to post this in the General Forum Double Cover thread. I'm sure you get more than a few surprised looks.

Picture237.jpg

Will do (thumbs u.. I wonder how much it's worth? I don't quite know how much double covers go for.

Picture237.jpg

Will do (thumbs u.. I wonder how much it's worth? I don't quite know how much double covers go for.

They are uncommon and usually go a for premium but it can vary enough that I don't now how it would affect that copy's value.

Picture237.jpg

terrible defect destroys any value.

I'll do you a favour and take it of your hannds for you

:applause:

Picture237.jpg

terrible defect destroys any value.

I'll do you a favour and take it of your hannds for you

:applause:

I can trade it for your Tec 27 :baiting:

Off hand... anyone know what a good price is on Tec 39 in roughly 1.0 - 1.5? I'm not necessarily looking for GPA since I'd be looking at a raw copy, but is this a book that doesn't really play OS pricing?

Thanks!

Off hand... anyone know what a good price is on Tec 39 in roughly 1.0 - 1.5? I'm not necessarily looking for GPA since I'd be looking at a raw copy, but is this a book that doesn't really play OS pricing?

Thanks!

I think it's a guide book. If it's a 1.5 raw, then the 2.0 price is probably right...