• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Detective Comics Thread
5 5

4,430 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if a board member got the Tec 28 cgc 3.5 that was offered on Ebay a few days ago?

definite scam, one of our very own board members owns that 3.5, won it in the comic connect auction

He pictured a different copy, not the CC 3.5 :gossip:

Does anyone know if a board member got the Tec 28 cgc 3.5 that was offered on Ebay a few days ago?

definite scam, one of our very own board members owns that 3.5, won it in the comic connect auction

Really? it was the other 3.5 in the census, why do we think it's a scam then?

The ebay used copy's owner still owns it from what I am told and that the image used was of his copy...don't think he is a board member though and there are several 3.5 on the census...one has ow/w pages and one has cr/ow that I know of

I tried to buy it off the guy off ebay,he sent me his email we exchanged 2 emails said he would sleep on a price but did mention he would prefer it go to auction next thing it was no longer listed my guess somebody made him an offer he couldn't refuse just my 2c

Imran...I have bought, sold and collected multiple copies of all pre robin tecs...I have sold my runs multiple times as finances have necessitated...but I love tecs and will one day put the run back together again (thumbs u

The ebay used copy's owner still owns it from what I am told and that the image used was of his copy...don't think he is a board member though and there are several 3.5 on the census...one has ow/w pages and one has cr/ow that I know of

There are only 2 copies of 3.5 tec 28 on census, a new 9.0 has appeared on the census for the 28, so total of 9 unrestored now

My one and only Detec, not worthy, need to get on the stick and get me s'more

Detec98.jpg

nice, I wonder if I should start collecting detectives hm

Grea, If Gator, decides to start re collecting Detec, thay won't leave any for the rest of us, so, I will just go ahead and mail my copoy direct to the GATOR and save myself the angst, :makepoint:

There are only 2 copies of 3.5 tec 28 on census, a new 9.0 has appeared on the census for the 28, so total of 9 unrestored now

andre's is the ow/w page copy, right?...the cr/ow copy is supposedly owned by a collector in Cal, not MN as suggested by the ebay auction (shrug)

My one and only Detec, not worthy, need to get on the stick and get me s'more

Detec98.jpg

nice, I wonder if I should start collecting detectives hm

Grea, If Gator, decides to start re collecting Detec, thay won't leave any for the rest of us, so, I will just go ahead and mail my copoy direct to the GATOR and save myself the angst, :makepoint:

those reds and yellows are really bright (thumbs u

I remember at least 15 yrs ago or so I bought this "raw" from a dealer who graded this copy as a VG+,,,I thought the grade was a bit undergraded even though it has a name penciled on the top front cover...

After submitting it to CGC, they graded it as:

file0206.jpg

Buying that book has "win" all over it! Who was the dealer, I need to start frequenting them! :devil:

The dealer was John Hauser,,

He is one of the best dealers around in my opinion,,

Customer service is his number one concern for sure,,

I found his grading very strict to say the least and the prices on his books are reasonable..

I remember he held telephone auctions back in the day,

He would advertise in Comics Buyers Guide and have a page or two listing of books he would auction.

I won the Tec # 45 and this one:

File0230.jpg