• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Detective Comics Thread
5 5

4,430 posts in this topic

I already posted this in the Golden Age cigar area but want to post it again with these other Detective beauties. I have never been so happy acquiring a comic, and it went directly from grail status to keeper status :grin:

tec35scan2.jpg

Wow, really cool! :applause:

Tec 26 is a great book.

Love that book. Hi, Peter. :hi:

:hi: Jeff.

Tec 26 is a great book.

And thats probably the greatest copy :grin:

There's actually one copy that is graded higher -- the Allentown copy.

:o (espeically if RHG owns them both, I've honestly forgotten)

Tec 26 is a great book.

Tec 26 is a great book.

:o (espeically if RHG owns them both, I've honestly forgotten)

:o two copies, and both the highest graded?

Here's a few key Tec's of mine.... :cloud9:

!B+23STQCGk~$(KGrHqEOKpoEy+jC0u1uBN!+bIKOCg~~_12.JPG

!B+27KJ!BGk~$(KGrHqEOKpoEy+jC0u1uBN!+mq7Yvg~~_3.JPG

!C!!uO6QBmk~$(KGrHqR,!jgEzr-EqM+1BNB,MHYPR!~~_3.JPG

I figured that I better get at least these ones while I still can because all those pre-Robin Tec's in any decent blue-label grades are now out of my price range.

Three important - and very nice books - congrat's. :applause:

I figured that I better get at least these ones while I still can because all those pre-Robin Tec's in any decent blue-label grades are now out of my price range.

Thanks. The last time I checked the CGC census, each of them were the only single ones in their respective grades under the Universal column !

How about that? :o

Agreed :applause:

Tec 26 is a great book.

Tec 26 is a great book.

(worship)

I just bought this one a few hours ago on eBay. I simply couldn't resist. :luhv:

Not as big a key as my other three, but still one special issue.

This came from an original owner collection. Thanks Adam.

Here's more of the eBay description:

"This comic is part of a small but still very cool original owner collection. These books were purchased for the original owner by his parents while he was away fighting in WWII. He never got much into comics so when he returned home, these books were put away in the closet (many of them never read) where they sat untouched for almost 70 years until just last week! "

Detective76.jpg

I just bought this one a few hours ago on eBay. I simply couldn't resist. :luhv:

"This comic is part of a small but still very cool original owner collection. These books were purchased for the original owner by his parents while he was away fighting in WWII. He never got much into comics so when he returned home, these books were put away in the closet (many of them never read) where they sat untouched for almost 70 years until just last week! "

Detective76.jpg

Beautiful copy with a cool provenance :applause:

Detective76.jpg

Nice!

:applause:

Beautiful copy with a cool provenance :applause:

Very. That's fantastic! :applause:

I already posted this in the Golden Age cigar area but want to post it again with these other Detective beauties. I have never been so happy acquiring a comic, and it went directly from grail status to keeper status :grin:

tec35scan2.jpg

Nice book. Care to share the back story (if any), condition, restored, etc?

It was submitted for grading appx. month and a half ago from the gentlemen I purchased it from. It received a VG 4.0 grade with "Slight (A)... small amount of glue on spine of cover" and a Off-White Page designation.

Within appx. 5 minutes of receiving the Tec 35 we were in the nail biting process of freeing it from the slab. It looks so much nicer out of the slab, nice cover gloss and really fantastic paper. Being able to leaf through the pages of this classic was fantastic!

The other reason for freeing it, was to turn it from a possible "commodity" to "keeper" status. I feel that anything in my collection end's up being "fair game" if it remains slabbed. This is honestly the pinnacle of my collecting thus far and I couldn't be happier.

Especially thankful for my good friend who unselfishly made this come into fruition, it's not everyday that a regular Joe Schmoe collector like myself has this opportunity. :grin:

It was submitted for grading appx. month and a half ago from the gentlemen I purchased it from. It received a VG 4.0 grade with "Slight (A)... small amount of glue on spine of cover" and a Off-White Page designation.

Within appx. 5 minutes of receiving the Tec 35 we were in the nail biting process of freeing it from the slab. It looks so much nicer out of the slab, nice cover gloss and really fantastic paper. Being able to leaf through the pages of this classic was fantastic!

The other reason for freeing it, was to turn it from a possible "commodity" to "keeper" status. I feel that anything in my collection end's up being "fair game" if it remains slabbed. This is honestly the pinnacle of my collecting thus far and I couldn't be happier.

Especially thankful for my good friend who unselfishly made this come into fruition, it's not everyday that a regular Joe Schmoe collector like myself has this opportunity. :grin:

Congrats man, you're obviously very happy, and that's great to see.