• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Detective Comics Thread
5 5

4,430 posts in this topic

Dang Alex you've been on a roll lately! (worship) Congrats on a nice pick-up! I used to own that Tec 35 book years ago :grin: Glad it is within the circle of boardies. So what's next on your list?

Thanks! I remembered you did, and Rick too I believe? It's a nice example, one I've stared at on the HA reference page for years. lol

Picked it up from a boardie, :headbang:

As for what's next I dunno, will probably be awhile, would like to get a 29, but that will need to wait until next year. hm

Still need 28,29,34 for my run, but am currently spent dry. :cloud9:

Dang Alex you've been on a roll lately! (worship) Congrats on a nice pick-up! I used to own that Tec 35 book years ago :grin: Glad it is within the circle of boardies. So what's next on your list?

Thanks! I remembered you did, and Rick too I believe? It's a nice example, one I've stared at on the HA reference page for years. lol

As for what's next I dunno, will probably be awhile, would like to get a 29, but that will need to wait until next year. hm

Congrats on your pick up Alex, really nice stuff!

Yep, I bought the Tec 35 off of ebay around 2004-2005. Rick bought the book from me as I upgraded to my now current 4.0. Then Rick sold it to someone and that someone sold it to you I guess (shrug)

the 31 I believe was the 3rd or 4th time I have bought and sold...and when alex is done with it, I'll make it #5 :cloud9:

Gatpr, your are the man. (worship) . These pre-robbin Tecs are HOT potatoes.

when I first put the 27-225 run together some 5 years ago, I didn't anticipate ever selling...it was all "collector"... but as I have transistioned into collector/dealer/seller, I have realized that procuing the books (the hunt) is every bit as fun and satisfying as owning them...so, I like to put a run together, sell it, and start over ... now, I do have some "keepers" for sure, but not mainstream books like Marvel/Timely or DC's... a fun hobby none the less!

the 31 I believe was the 3rd or 4th time I have bought and sold...and when alex is done with it, I'll make it #5 :cloud9:

Gatpr, your are the man. (worship) . These pre-robbin Tecs are HOT potatoes.

when I first put the 27-225 run together some 5 years ago, I didn't anticipate ever selling...it was all "collector"... but as I have transistioned into collector/dealer/seller, I have realized that procuing the books (the hunt) is every bit as fun and satisfying as owning them...so, I like to put a run together, sell it, and start over ... now, I do have some "keepers" for sure, but not mainstream books like Marvel/Timely or DC's... a fun hobby none the less!

Yeah...fun and can get quite expensive. :cry: There are books that shall remain in the collection. :cloud9:

And today this arrived!

My new Tec 35 CGC 2.5 Ow/w :whee:

DSC00469.jpg

Goes nicely with my Jerry Robinson copy.

DSC00470.jpg

Fantastic pick-up Alex. :applause:

Sure does look nice for a 2.5! (thumbs u

Any chance we can see a Pre-Robin Tec group shot? (shrug):popcorn:

Just came in today :banana: Probably the toughest Tec book to find and the third copy I'[ve ever owned (sold my last two). This one is definitely much nicer than my previous two and with offwhite-white pages

Tec187.jpg

Yep, I bought the Tec 35 off of ebay around 2004-2005. Rick bought the book from me as I upgraded to my now current 4.0. Then Rick sold it to someone and that someone sold it to you I guess (shrug)

Interesting stuff, I picked it up from senbi575, he may have gotten it from Gator, not sure.

And today this arrived!

My new Tec 35 CGC 2.5 Ow/w :whee:

DSC00469.jpg

Goes nicely with my Jerry Robinson copy.

DSC00470.jpg

Fantastic pick-up Alex. :applause:

Sure does look nice for a 2.5! (thumbs u

Any chance we can see a Pre-Robin Tec group shot? (shrug):popcorn:

Thanks!

I actually just "put them up" today, so maybe when they are out next time. Nothing has changed from my last group shots, just the addition of the 31 and 35. :cloud9:

Just came in today :banana: Probably the toughest Tec book to find and the third copy I'[ve ever owned (sold my last two). This one is definitely much nicer than my previous two and with offwhite-white pages

Tec187.jpg

Freaking sweet!! And you said it, tough is all I've ever heard of this book.

Sweet pick up man! :applause::headbang:

Tec187.jpg

I wondered what happened...I had my snipe all set, and poof, listing ended... I am sure the seller will regret that, but my guess is brian did great on it lol

and the book is rare in better than fine condition, but nothing "tough" about it in vg or lower...heck, I have had like 10 copies in the last few years, and we all know a certain boardie that has more than that :baiting:

Tec187.jpg

I wondered what happened...I had my snipe all set, and poof, listing ended... I am sure the seller will regret that, but my guess is brian did great on it lol

and the book is rare in better than fine condition, but nothing "tough" about it in vg or lower...heck, I have had like 10 copies in the last few years, and we all know a certain boardie that has more than that :baiting:

;) Dang you sold all 10 of your copies? :o Did Bat-Hound scoop it all up?

Any lucky boardie win this Tec 35 CGC 5.5 EP on clink?

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fdefault%2Easp%3F%5FSORT%3DYES%26Focused%3D1%26f1%3Da%2EMaxBid%26ODire1%3DDESC%26f2%3Di%2ETitle%252C%2Bi%2EIssueNumber%26ODire2%3DASC%26f3%3Da%2EMaxBid%26ODire3%3DDESC%26pg%3D2%23Item%5F889518&id=889518

Sold for $4,927 - any comments on the sale price?

I think it went for a nice price. I was thinking this would get closer to 6K. hm

Last year around this time you could not even touch a Tec 35 with at least the front cover for under 5K+

I sold a PR/FR raw Tec 35 with slight A resto for $5,100 a few months back.

Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270730117643