• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Detective Comics Thread
5 5

4,430 posts in this topic

Bringing this thread back up a bit, here's my #19. I like the colors, but it's always bugged me that the perspective on the guy cracking the safe is off.

detective19.jpg

What, is that safe in the office from the 7½ floor in "Being John Malkovich"?

Those are fabulous colors -- enough to make forgive the errors in perspective!

Bringing this thread back up a bit, here's my #19. I like the colors, but it's always bugged me that the perspective on the guy cracking the safe is off.

detective19.jpg

hello all...

wow, best looking copy I have seen!

rick

Great book!! Maybe it is magnifying glass? Or he is just a really big guy? Or a really small room?

I've always liked that #80. There aren't that many stage coach covers anymore.

Is that the first example of "shocked Robin in the corner", or was there an earlier one?

Actually, it's a hansom cab that Two-Face robs in the story. And I think Detective #61 is the first shocked corner Robin.

I've always liked that #80. There aren't that many stage coach covers anymore.

Is that the first example of "shocked Robin in the corner", or was there an earlier one?

Actually, it's a hansom cab that Two-Face robs in the story. And I think Detective #61 is the first shocked corner Robin.

Hmmm, not sure about 'Tec 61:

Detective061.jpg

While Robin is in the corner, Batman is clearly stylized as well and balances the Robin image. Seems to me they're both being drawn out of the action, framing the rest of the picture, with Robin coincidentally being placed in his typical corner spot.

It's hard to define. Perhaps he's merely concerned, not shocked. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

i would say that a fixed jaw and steely gaze are inconsistent with a shocked Robin.

Congrats! You defintely lucked out that I was passing on this auction as the 76 was the one book I was really interested in.

hello all...

thanks....I put in a max internet bid on the 76...the 34 was the book I really wanted....was happy to get it, and thank you for not bidding smile.gif

rick

Congrats on the nice pick up Rick. I guess the only thing you need to do is try to complete the pre-bat run..

hello all...

pretty much sums it up, but likely going to work on whiz now, trying to get some pre bat tecs as I have funds...I have restored copies of the ones I need unrestored, but the run is pretty much done...will wait until I get the 27 from Matt (restoring now, due in december to me), and I am waiting on the 32 (deal not done till Dec, too) , and will post a "group" shot of them all

rick

Congrats on the nice pick up Rick. I guess the only thing you need to do is try to complete the pre-bat run..

hello all...

pretty much sums it up, but likely going to work on whiz now, trying to get some pre bat tecs as I have funds...I have restored copies of the ones I need unrestored, but the run is pretty much done...will wait until I get the 27 from Matt (restoring now, due in december to me), and I am waiting on the 32 (deal not done till Dec, too) , and will post a "group" shot of them all

rick

I can't wait to see that group shot.. it's gonna be SWEEEETT!!!

Congrats! You defintely lucked out that I was passing on this auction as the 76 was the one book I was really interested in.

hello all...

thanks....I put in a max internet bid on the 76...the 34 was the book I really wanted....was happy to get it, and thank you for not bidding smile.gif

rick

Glad you got it Rick, now I don't feel so bad! wink.gif

hello all...

rick

Oh! I saw your Tec 27 last weekend at Matt's. It will come out very nice!! thumbsup2.gif