• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Detective Comics Thread
5 5

4,430 posts in this topic

a repost from have a cigar... forgive my enthusiasm please... tongue.gif

Now My oldest DC hero book, and the most I've dropped on a book in about 5 years. I really like the fact that its Sprang's 1st Joker cover, since he does my favorite Joker hands down. Reading the story I was struck with just how good Sprang was, every panel is meticulously detailed, yet easy to see everything going on, a complete master of placing blacks for clarity. Such a joy to see in its original form. Fun Joker story inside where he switches sides to HELP Batman & robin...kinda. Has real Kirby art on the Boy Commandos, so that is a bonus.

1507557-tec85.jpg

You picked the #31 at a great price considering what the 5.5 Crippen copy went for this summer in the Heritage auction. 893applaud-thumb.gif Not worth the $4,000 premium if you ask me.

The Crippen premiums on Tec #31 and #35 were a bit crazy.

Detective #31 CGC 5.5 $17327

Detective #33 CGC 4.0 $7767

Detective #35 CGC 5.5 $17925

Never noticed these auction results before.

Now, that's some really aggressive pricing on the 'Tec #31 and especially on the 'Tec #35. I guess this goes to show it's really all about the covers.

Let's see, now that works out to 2X condition guide for the 'Tec #31 and a whooping 6X plus condition guide for the 'Tec #35. Looks like issue #35 has really picked up steam lately with some pretty eye-opening sales. 893whatthe.gif

It should be noted that these types of multiples are generally reserved for HG copies. To me, when you see these same types of multiples cascading down to the mid or lower grades is a sign of real strength and a indication that a particular book is truly really undervalued in the guide. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

This factor should not be underplayed because the majority of all books cannot support any type of multiple as it moves down through the condition scale. Must be related to our current focus on cover images as I remember other similar results such as More Fun #56 and Target Comics #7 from a couple of years ago.

The prices here for the 35 got me to dig out my copy....love this cover....Rockford copy,,. probably a nice F+...supple.......jon

1515882-detective35.jpg

1515882-detective35.jpg.7cbdc631cf7927b4cd197539db2f8fea.jpg

You picked the #31 at a great price considering what the 5.5 Crippen copy went for this summer in the Heritage auction. 893applaud-thumb.gif Not worth the $4,000 premium if you ask me.

Now, that's some really aggressive pricing on the 'Tec #31 and especially on the 'Tec #35. I guess this goes to show it's really all about the covers.

Let's see, now that works out to 2X condition guide for the 'Tec #31 and a whooping 6X plus condition guide for the 'Tec #35. Looks like issue #35 has really picked up steam lately with some pretty eye-opening sales. 893whatthe.gif

It should be noted that these types of multiples are generally reserved for HG copies. To me, when you see these same types of multiples cascading down to the mid or lower grades is a sign of real strength and a indication that a particular book is truly really undervalued in the guide. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

This factor should not be underplayed because the majority of all books cannot support any type of multiple as it moves down through the condition scale. Must be related to our current focus on cover images as I remember other similar results such as More Fun #56 and Target Comics #7 from a couple of years ago.

The prices here for the 35 got me to dig out my copy....love this cover....Rockford copy,,. probably a nice F+...supple.......jon

1515882-detective35.jpg

Nice to be able to just "dig out" a beautiful book like that!!

hail.gif

1515882-detective35.jpg

Jon,

Can you put me on the list for that book if you ever decide to sell. cloud9.gif

1515882-detective35.jpg

hello all....

WOW!... takeit.gif

rick

The newest addition to my Tec Pre-Robin family:

Picture038.jpg

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Three dancing bananas? Is there something special about that book? poke2.gif

Just kidding! You must be stoked! Congratulations! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I promised not to reveal the person who sold me this book. But, it was the C-Link tec 31 that was up there for a few months.

I remember seeing that copy on Clink and thinking what a great looking copy it is. Congrats on a great pickup! thumbsup2.gif