• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Detective Comics Thread
5 5

4,430 posts in this topic

Not Detective, but is this book from the same "Harold" collection? A friend found it for me at the Chicago con this summer. Harold's signature seems to vary a bit from book to book. See another one from the same stack at the Four Color thread.

I'd be interested in learning more about his collection. Apparently it was found in Wisconsin and had a broad range of books, obviously not all pristine.

Jack

1527943-FC20copy.jpg

Damn, those "Harold" books are awesome!!! I wonder what other issues makeup his collection.

hello all..

I think Metro has at least one Tec "harold" on their site (I view it daily, so I am sure it was there recently)...

rick

It was an interesting thought but they currently have my silver age keys on consignement and in fact owe me more than the value of the comic - sold a TOS #39 CGC 7.5 and an AF #15 CGC 5.5 as well as still holding my Tec #26.

If you look on their sight the "Fresh Batch of Early CGC Graded Silver Age Marvels" are mine.

Buy them now 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

It was an interesting thought but they currently have my silver age keys on consignement and in fact owe me more than the value of the comic - sold a TOS #39 CGC 7.5 and an AF #15 CGC 5.5 as well as still holding my Tec #26.

If you look on their sight the "Fresh Batch of Early CGC Graded Silver Age Marvels" are mine.

That's certainly a big switch going from those SA keys to the Tecs. They're a great looking set -- I hope you enjoy them! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Hi,

these arrived from Metro this week (#26 also on the way):

TecGroupShot002.jpg

#28 was delivered by mistake, but have fallen for it so I am in process of buying it as well.

All I can say is.....WOW!!!!!!!!!!! 893whatthe.gifhail.gif

Clever marketing ploy if you ask me.

Metro: "Oh, Koko how silly of us to accidentally include a Tec 28 in your order, you can just send it back.......pause for effect....OR alternatively you could keep it. I mean after all we have some books on consignment for you, we just did this really nice Tec deal with you, and we will make you a very attractive price on it. Sound like a plan?"

Koko: Sure does!

grin.gif