• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Detective Comics Thread
5 5

4,430 posts in this topic

arrived today......VG+ unrestored with off-white pages.

price: much more than you are imagining

value to me: priceless

1591598-tec-29002.JPG

1591598-tec-29001.JPG

Showcase, HUGE congrats on your book... that is a true beauty. Great shots (I like the one with the "kid gloves")... the interior looks as beautiful as the cover. Amazing. Can't believe its only a VG+!!

893whatthe.gif

hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

hello all...

tis a great book...back cover has some "issues" but the front looks better than a vg+....steve has graded accordingly (that is what I would grade)...I congratulate him, as he is putting together a set I am green with envy of smile.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

rick

Holy *spoon* Steve! Where in darnation did you get that????

At this point, I think there are like 2 or 3 copies of each of Detective #29, #31, #33, and #35 that you guys are just trading back and forth amongst each other, posting proudly each time a new package arrives, sharing kudos, then trading onwards for another 'Tec.

Cunning. Very cunning.....

At this point, I think there are like 2 or 3 copies of each of Detective #29, #31, #33, and #35 that you guys are just trading back and forth amongst each other, posting proudly each time a new package arrives, sharing kudos, then trading onwards for another 'Tec.

A 33? Where? I need one!

hello all...

quite possibly true, but isn't it fun headbang.gif

I almost bought the copy steve posted (but couldn't mustard the juice it took to secure that beaut), but I believe he is the first on this board to own it and post it!

rick

A 33? Where? I need one!

hello all...

I've got 1 in hand smile.gif

rick

Edited by Detective27kid

I wish there was some trading going on, the only thing I have been trading for Tecs is good ole greenbacks! grin.gif

I think all of the Detectives that seem to be bouncing around have come from me. Well....at least most.

S

hello all...

no doubt about that....I hit the site daily, just wish I had more greenbacks to spend, and I could have a few more beauts...I think about 70% of my Tec run came from metro...

rick

Edited by Detective27kid

arrived today......VG+ unrestored with off-white pages.

price: much more than you are imagining

value to me: priceless

1591598-tec-29002.JPG

1591598-tec-29001.JPG

Wow. That book is a beauty. With prices being what they are I'll be more than happy with a 0.5 restored that has the front cover and the complete Batman story only.

If anyone has that for sale, please let me know.

I think all of the Detectives that seem to be bouncing around have come from me. Well....at least most.

S

Not just Detectives. All comics emanate from you.

You got that right. Have you ever seen what's in that 3rd floor office above Metro's showroom? It's Stephen, the Gerber guides, a color scanner/printer, and reams of old blank paper (cream to off-white). That's why he solicits want lists, in order to figure out what to print next.

Cunning. Very cunning...

S

Not just Detectives. All comics emanate from you.

You got that right. Have you ever seen what's in that 3rd floor office above Metro's showroom? It's Stephen, the Gerber guides, a color scanner/printer, and reams of old blank paper (cream to off-white). That's why he solicits want lists, in order to figure out what to print next.

Cunning. Very cunning...

Cunning indeed.

1591598-tec-29002.JPG

M y sources are a secret

E veryone would compete with me if they knew

T he secret source shall never be revealed

R oad to greatness is based on silence

O nly myself and the seller know the answer to your question

1591598-tec-29002.JPG

M y sources are a secret

E veryone would compete with me if they knew

T he secret source shall never be revealed

R oad to greatness is based on silence

O nly myself and the seller know the answer to your question

Clever!

detnewr.jpg

hello all...

had time to open a few boxes...the 2 outer tecs are courtesy of bill (ciorac), the middle was an ebay pick up...

rick

They look lovely together! smile.gif

hello all...

I figured a Joker and Two-Face sandwich, was appropriate!

rick