• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Detective Comics Thread
5 5

4,430 posts in this topic

Rick, I think you may have evolved into one of the top Batman collectors.Man you are smokin !!!!!!!!!
cloud9.gif

I agree! Your collection is one of the best I've seen

folks, my bat run is pretty special, but koko is already surpassing me on the tec run...and, if we do a little dance together, he will surpass me sooner than later...but, couldn't happen to a better fellow tec collector!

gator

Rick, your a class act and very modest.

I read your scoop article in the diamond dateline I got yesterday...very cool!....

and, I love your toys/pics (a couple I had never seen)...I spoted some mego boxed WGSH!...over the years, I have had a complete set of boxed and carded and loose, only to have to sell them off from time to time as bills needing paying...just started beginning of this year, reconstructing my mego collection!

neat stuff

rick

Tuffest Detective Rick from 1 to 10?

Battle between 2 and 3 ?

I mean do 2 and 3 even exsist any more unrestored??? .Ill bet ya anything 2 and 3 would be Gerber 10s UNRESTORED. They are pure gold. I mean Platnum

Here is my unrestored Tec 2. Not sure if I've posted it by itself before. Doesn't come close to Eric Roberts' Church copy.

1834301-Detective2%28LV%29%282%29.jpg

1834301-Detective2(LV)(2).jpg.e9b80dd383bdf11cf4b5ecdc1b725b69.jpg

Edited by RareHighGrade

Battle between 2 and 3 ?

I mean do 2 and 3 even exsist any more unrestored??? .Ill bet ya anything 2 and 3 would be Gerber 10s UNRESTORED. They are pure gold. I mean Platnum

Here is my unrestored Tec 2. Not sure if I've posted it by itself before. Doesn't come close to Eric Roberts' Church copy.

893whatthe.gif

great book...that makes at least 3 unrestored copies I know of ...wow

rick

Battle between 2 and 3 ?

cloud9.gif Reminds me of when tth2 and I got to see it in person!

I read your scoop article in the diamond dateline I got yesterday...very cool!....

and, I love your toys/pics

rick

I recently read that the Geppi Museum can be rented for special occassions.......maybe you two could get married there, and we could all be invited? poke2.gif ........and Ciorac could be the flower girl, and throw rose petals in the hallways?

Just let us know when, and where you are registered. grin.gif

Battle between 2 and 3 ?

blush.gifhail.gif

I must be a masochist to be trying to get the whole pre-hero run.

That's a real treasure. I am fairly sure you have never posted this before. I completely understand your approach to collecting. Like you, I prefer to take on long term projects that require a lot of focus and patience.

That's a real treasure. I am fairly sure you have never posted this before. I completely understand your approach to collecting. Like you, I prefer to take on long term projects that require a lot of focus and patience.

True. But with what RHG is going after I suspect he'd be happier if he didn't have to measure "long term" using generations as the measurement. wink.gif

and, I love your toys/pics

rick

I recently read that the Geppi Museum can be rented for special occassions.......maybe you two could get married there, and we could all be invited? poke2.gif ........and Ciorac could be the flower girl, and throw rose petals in the hallways?

Just let us know when, and where you are registered. grin.gif

acclaim.gifacclaim.gif

True. But with what RHG is going after I suspect he'd be happier if he didn't have to measure "long term" using generations as the measurement. wink.gif

How true. tongue.gif

I have a similar amount to go (14)- but I 'm sure I need the harder ones (1-5).

Good luck thumbsup2.gif

Thanks 1koko. Some of the ones I still need are not the rarest, I just haven't found them in the grade I want. Others may not even exist in the grade I want.

Battle between 2 and 3 ?

All I can say is 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gifinsane.gif

...I always wanted to one day....but now more than ever I want to start collecting these early detectives yay.gif