• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Detective Comics Thread
5 5

4,430 posts in this topic

I've been lazy about posting new purchases over the last couple of months but I will post this one:

Tec36.jpg

I never buy restored for my "vault" but I made an exception on this one.

I purchased this as a placeholder, I sold my Tec 36 CGC 3.5 last year, but this one is so nice I may keep it as my "vault copy."

Over the past year I've been trying to find another Tec 36 after I sold my last one but I could never find that special copy. All the ones that came to market were either heavily restored, or a slightly off color print (where Batman's eyes are blue), or the PQ was terrible. This copy, albeit restored, finally fell perfectly into my needs. I dont like resto but this one is slight (near spine where tape pull was on front and back cover it appears) and does not affect the Batman image. So I made an exception and to be honest the price was such a steal I am pretty happy! :whee:

I'm sure you have Alex - but Arkham City really put Hugo Strange into the spotlight. Not for those who did not play the game, but the success of the "Arkham" series cannot be denied, now an entirely new generation actually knows who this classic GA villain is.

Your copy is sharp. (thumbs u

I wouldn't mind the resto one bit on a book this tough to track down.

Big time congrats! :applause:

Agreed, and thanks! Have the book in hand and am pleasantly delighted by it. :headbang:

Glad my Tec 36 got a good home. Did you buy my other Tec, the raw 37?

It did! Awesome, boardie to boardie. And no I did not.

Hey, my old copy from 09!

[font:Times New Roman]First time in this thread, but it looks like just the right place...[/font] >>>fumanchu.jpg

96e8f50b-d5dd-4389-94f7-e8a955760a5b_zps1008e2a6.jpg

[font:Times New Roman]Reposting this wicked puppy may be overkill, but I just can't help it. >>>funny-bwahaha.gif

Sorry...[/font] >>>>> :sorry:

Very Nice :cloud9:

Alright guys I think it is time to start one of these up. If it has been done, my bad. The purpose of this thread will be to post pics of your personal Detective Comics from the Golden-Age. If we run out of material Batman will be acceptable. I don't want to be the first guy to post a pic so somebody else show us your stuff, doesn't matter if you've alredy posted it in another thread go for it.

-CW

8640886357_cca537f99a_c.jpg

Can we combine our Batman with our Detectives or show group shots?

8101466213_ec2775cf7d_z.jpg

I think this is an old large logo group shot. I probably have a few more to add.

I've owned that Joker cover for almost 50 years, by the way. It probably cost $5 or less.

Edited by BB-Gun