• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,318 posts in this topic

These books have some of the best 50's Kirby work. Very far out stuff, I would say that Jack was about 10 years ahead of his time with some of the graphic layouts he did in YC.

I'm with you AtlasFan, especially the combination of Kirby/Severin in YC 4.

YellowClaw4-2.jpg

These books have some of the best 50's Kirby work. Very far out stuff, I would say that Jack was about 10 years ahead of his time with some of the graphic layouts he did in YC.

YellowClaw4-2.jpg

(worship)

Here are a few straighter images...

yc_02.jpg

yc_03.jpg

Real beauties AtlasFan!! :headbang: Those are some of the best looking copies I've seen of this series!!! Do you have #1 too!!! I'd like to see a scan of that one as well if possible!!! :wishluck:

Thanks for posting them!!!! It's one of the Atlas titles I'm interested in picking up!!!

YellowClaw4-2.jpg

Great looking copy Adam!!!! (thumbs u

Anybody win any of the hero books on Heritage? I thought the Young Men and the Men's Adventures went for reasonable prices. Most of the others were at the high end of reasonable, but I couldn't believe a few of them:

Black Knight #1, 8.5, $2,150 :o

Black Knight #2, 8.5, $1,135 :o

Captain America 77, 5.0, $1,195 :o That's a lot of $s for a VG/F

Human Torch 37, 7.0, $1,314

Human Torch 38 8.0, $1,792

Some people wanted these books pretty bad. I'd be interested in other peoples' comments.

Mike

Anybody win any of the hero books on Heritage? I thought the Young Men and the Men's Adventures went for reasonable prices. Most of the others were at the high end of reasonable, but I couldn't believe a few of them:

Some people wanted these books pretty bad. I'd be interested in other peoples' comments.

Mike

how often you find those in grade. :gossip:

Black Knight #1, 8.5, $2,150

Black Knight #2, 8.5, $1,135

I know of a couple of board members that were after these. Not sure if either won any, though.

i got kicked out pretty fast :P

but men, they are nice looking. who got them ?

this toronto collection surpriced me totally .

Mike

how often you find those in grade. :gossip:

It's true that you don't see the Black Knights in grade very often, but I didn't think there would be a lot of demand for them. I guess it only takes two to tango. I was also surprised with the Cap in VG/FN. I think that shows the power of this character to command top dollar versus Subby and Human Torch.

I know of a couple of board members that were after these. Not sure if either won any, though.

I was in on the Black Knight 1 but bowed out. I couldn't believe the prices for those. Still in the mix for the number 5 though...the best cover even though it's only a 6.5.

I was in on the Black Knight 1 but bowed out. I couldn't believe the prices for those. Still in the mix for the number 5 though...the best cover even though it's only a 6.5.

#3? link

This is the 5

BlackKnight5-1.jpg

I was waiting for two months to pick up that Black Knight #1 to finish my run!!!

Highest graded copy, not a book that comes up very often above 6.0. I wanted at least a 7.0 copy and this book would have been a nice edition to my collection.

But over $2000.00 just blew me out of the water!!! :tonofbricks:

That really sucks but confirms my belief that this title is WAY underpriced in Overstreet and tough to find in any decent grade!!! Especially #1.

#3? link

This is the 5

BlackKnight5-1.jpg

Yeah, you're right. Got my issue #'s messed up or I was trying to throw everyone off the scent. lol

Since Black Knight appears to be a timely subject, here are my copies (except for #1 of course). Posted these once before so hope I don't offend by posting again!!!

BlackKnight2FNVFatlas-1.jpg

BlackKnight3atlas.jpg

BlackKnight4atlas.jpg

BlackKnight5atlas.jpg

By the way, if there are ANY Black knight #1's out there I would love to see if only to help get an idea of grade for this book. We know CGC has almost nothing certified, so where are they!!!! Anybody holding a few nice copies????hm

Edited by Blind Owl