• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,318 posts in this topic

Switching gears for a moment with a bit of post-code fantasy. I realize that this stuff doesn't have the cachet of the pre-code stuff, but I always looked forward to the next issue. Enjoy!

MT135-PET.jpg

MYST038-WM.jpg

MYSL007-C8.jpg

UNC053-RC.jpg

WOF006-C8c1.jpg

Nice! While I'm a pre-code guy, these post-codes are very tempting as the artwork on the covers get very nice towards the end of the runs. The guy on that MT 135 looks like it could be modeled after Stan Lee! And that WoF 6 is creepy with that ghost floating over the water! (thumbs u

Finally got a nice copy of this one. I've always wanted to read the Everett story (Cartoonists' Calamity) - and it didn't disappoint! The "Stone Man" was nice too.

Nice copy!! :applause:

Finally got a nice copy of this one. I've always wanted to read the Everett story (Cartoonists' Calamity) - and it didn't disappoint! The "Stone Man" was nice too.

I love Everett work from that period! Especially the Venus stories!

Congrats Buttock! Happy reading (thumbs u

Edited by RyanH

Nice! While I'm a pre-code guy, these post-codes are very tempting as the artwork on the covers get very nice towards the end of the runs. The guy on that MT 135 looks like it could be modeled after Stan Lee! And that WoF 6 is creepy with that ghost floating over the water! (thumbs u

No doubt that it's Stan.

NICE...that looks like an 8.0 or better....good price too...that IS the ebay copy ? I think the cartoonist story was also reprinted in Weird Wonder Tales but not certain.I wish I could have afforded it...I'll have to be happy with my 4.5.Everett has always been one of my favorites...but these Venus stories are just OFF THE CHART....I LOVE the stone men story...with the first class renderings of the international landmarks...wow.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

P.S. Gonna slab it?

It is the Ebay copy - a local guy was selling it and I was able to pick it up in person so I felt a little more secure being aggressive with my bidding. We were trying to arrange an opportunity for me to see it before it ended, but couldn't get the schedules to work.

It is probably in the 8.0 range, I doubt any better. But the appeal in the mylar is at least 9.0. Perfect copy to look at!

Switching gears for a moment with a bit of post-code fantasy. I realize that this stuff doesn't have the cachet of the pre-code stuff, but I always looked forward to the next issue. Enjoy!

MT135-PET.jpg

MYST038-WM.jpg

MYSL007-C8.jpg

UNC053-RC.jpg

WOF006-C8c1.jpg

Did you buy these books off the stand?

Mike

This has always been one of my favorite covers. Everett :cloud9:

Mike

Edited by Monkeyman

Mike

Everett's best post-code cover for sure. (thumbs u

Mike

Everett's best post-code cover for sure. (thumbs u

Here are a few more of my fav Everett covers:

This one is similar to the one discussed. I especially like the claw-like branch grabbing at the boat.

StrangeStoriesOfSuspense8.jpg

Always found this one pretty spooky.

StrangeTales54-BillEverett.jpg

This one also has a nice feel to it.

JourneyIntoUnknownWorlds9.jpg

I find Everett's best quality is his ability to create a great emotional feel to his covers. When I look at any of these I say to myself "I'm sure glad that isn't me".

This one isn't technically great as the monsters are pretty hokie, but it really has a great feel. I'm glad I'm not one of those astronauts.

Spaceman19-53.jpg

Edited by Monkeyman

not only a great everett cover but great Maneely interior art! :applause:

Spaceman19-53.jpg

I find Everett's best quality is his ability to create a great emotional feel to his covers. When I look at any of these I say to myself "I'm sure glad that isn't me".

(Posted this a while back in recent pre-code purchases)

Speaking of capturing expressions, this next book is an uderrated gem IMHO.

Everett captures such a look of utter fear and hoplessness on that miner's face. While depicting such menace in the creatures stare.

The miner looks sturdy and strong along with holding a pickaxe but seems to be frozen with fear.

The mining car full of trophey skulls with the lighted hard hats just makes this cover go over the top on quality for me.

Everett at his best! (thumbs u

MarvelTales111.jpg

MarvelTales111pic.jpg