• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Atlas Books - Have A Cigar
26 26

9,319 posts in this topic

Syd Shores often drew the animal stories and they are usually quite interesting. (thumbs u

I agree, I especially liked the cover of Mystic #52!!! :headbang:. Beautiful!!!!

By the way Scrooge, I was catching up on this thread and wondering when you were gonna post a Lorna group shot!!! Do you have all of them now??? hm

I agree, I especially liked the cover of Mystic #52!!! headbang.gif. Beautiful!!!!

By the way Scrooge, I was catching up on this thread and wondering when you were gonna post a Lorna group shot!!! Do you have all of them now??? hm

:pullhair: I should have but I didn't buy the whole run I saw in Chicago. I picked and chose the lower grade ones :insane:Last night there was a nice run (20 or so of the 26 issues run) broken up in 2 lots that ended on eBay. The early run books sold for $35 a piece and the later run books for $30 a piece. They were in nice condition but, at this point, I have too many already for it to have made sense to chase those sets. Anyway, I like to pay $20 to $25 for each issue.I bought my first one in May IIRC and have 15 of the 26 books in the run. I am in no hurry to complete it ... I'll be patient :) In the meantime I picked up my first issue of Jann lol

I saw the Lorna run on e-bay too!!! It got too expensive for me, but still wasn't a bad deal regardless!!! \(shrug\)

Oh I agree 100%. The lots ended up being fair deals for someone since the books were in nice condition. I just like to build my collection in smaller $$$ chunks. (thumbs uI also am considering picking up the Jungle Tales and Jungle Action runs. I really like the cover to Jungle Tales # 2.

These books are in incredible shape zzutak!!!

It must be because they were kept in a binder for many years!!! (shrug)

How many do you have like these. I remember you posting similar "brilliant colors Atlas books" about 6 months ago or so, but I haven't kept up to happpenings on this thread!!!

Anyway they are beauties!!!

Thanks, guys. I completely agree with you, Scrooge -- the stories from this period often lack the impact of the cover art. But I'm a sucker for Everett

No one will ever fault you for that :applause: The only time I shy away from Everett's work is when he was assigned to do a Western story :screwy: There's no magic there

Very cool story by Everett in this one.

Thanks, guys. I completely agree with you, Scrooge -- the stories from this period often lack the impact of the cover art. But I'm a sucker for Everett ......

UNC039-EC.jpg

Many thanks, adamstrange! Considering how many truly extraordinary specimens you've seen up close, this means a lot. And I appreciate everyone's patience with my recent sojourn into the Silver Age.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming: Martians, Venusians, and miscellaneous critters from outer space ...... :cloud9:

AST002c2.jpg

JIUW001c2.jpg

JIUW002-WM.jpg